What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Decided to trim down the bottom lip the the radio/heater mount bracket so the radio doesn't have that much gap on the bottom and i made a filler piece for the top gap using some plexiglass got to sand it down and paint it black i am going to epoxy it to the radio/heater mount bracket,wish i could find the exact color of the trim panel id repaint it that chip is starting to bug me and i develop 2 more today the f ing paint on these things are worthless,shit flakes right off even just looking at it lol

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know you guys could care less but thought id post the finished head unit install i don't need no damn dash kit :)

TOP PIC "with the gap' BOTTOM PIC "without gap" made filler panel yesterday for the top gap using a piece of plexiglas that i already had. Today i sanded it down and pop rivet on to the radio/heater control mount flush with the lip of the head unit,painted it flat black.I could have went as far as adding a coat of bondo/putty to smooth over that seem but it's good enough for me. i might add some kind of led light there or maybe custom sticker "White Lightning" or just leave it as is

pizap.com14825351966671.jpg

pizap.com14825350191451.jpg

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to those signs. If it's concealed, it's concealed. If for some long shot reason I need to use it in one of those places, you know what they say: it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Exactly. And I'll add, their "signs" don't trump your 2A rights. It IS legal to carry in these establishments. The caveat is that if they see you obviously you'll be asked to leave. You should comply immediately or you will be arrested for criminal trespass.

AK_Zack

Reaction score
I did this and hung some lights in the back 3 windows. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!

efefab73c06cc8c343e9e35e6e4b8d31.jpg

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wired up my head unit, goes really well with the stock color dash lights got to fix the two burnt out lights on the heater control unit

20161226_191233.jpg

20161226_191332.jpg

20161226_191401.jpg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I like it best when the lights match the entire color of the interior.

I put in an interstate battery just now (850cca/1000ca) the old one wasn't dead but if I leave the keys in the on position without running the car that battery dies. It was a Napa gold (675cca/850ca) well under powered for what the truck requires.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was out messing around in the shop and looked at the new DEPO fog lights I had bought and the yellow Lamin-x to wrap them.

The Lamin-x is kind of chitzy - only enough comes in the Expedition kit to cover the exposed lights in the bumper holes - not enough to wrap the entire glass light lenses.

I may do something else now 'cause that's going to bug me knowing it is like that...

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was out messing around in the shop and looked at the new DEPO fog lights I had bought and the yellow Lamin-x to wrap them.

The Lamin-x is kind of chitzy - only enough comes in the Expedition kit to cover the exposed lights in the bumper holes - not enough to wrap the entire glass light lenses.

I may do something else now 'cause that's going to bug me knowing it is like that...
they sell carbonate amber covers for auxiliary lights and light bars online now I bought some for my light bar
a824b4a0e95f59c5ca0f292164fd05da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk