What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

I'll get the ball rolling.

I almost completely gutted the interior except for the dash and headliner and upper trim panels. I also cleaned the carpet somewhat.

edit: here is the abum

Nothing like some spring cleaning in December

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing like some spring cleaning in December

I know right? It was a lovely 34f today when I drive to the car wash to pressure wash and soap the carpet. Much more dirt came out this time and it smells of bubble gum. not really sure how I feel about that but it's better than dank water smell from the leaking washer fluid line (fixed)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove almost 600 miles to Hard Labor Creek Park to stay in the cabins with wife's family for Christmas

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I have my glock...off the grid with no internet or wi-fi...in town right now...only way for reception

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

srs7324

Reaction score
Dual aux power outlet install.

The lighter/ power outlet was never used so I was suprised when the spring hook snapped a couple of weeks ago.

I hated seeing the door flapping as I drove down the road and it did not want to take the door off so I glued it shut for a finished look and I was not about to purchase a new front dash console to replace the one door.

Only having 1 power outlet on the rear of the center console was not going to cut it so I installed a dual set in the most obvious unused place I could find.

It took about 30 minutes to drill the holes and wire it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0597B.jpg
    IMG_0597B.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 174

ExpedNJ

Reaction score
That console extends between the front bucket seats and will not fit the bench seat Expeditions.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
She scared me today...drive to a friends place and on the way back I left the driveway in a spirited manner. er.. wide open you could say. well, I made it home (half a mile) and noticed a ton of steam and immediately shut her off. poped the hood and noticed coolant in the valley of the intake and thought the worst, but then I noticed the throttle body was also wet. I blew a heater hose off of the firewall. loose clamp probably. well, I back flushed the heater core and got an interesting amount of soot like stuff out and refilled with a/f and ensured the clamps were tight this time. so far so good.

merry Christmas everyone!

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sanded and painted the front and rear wiper arms a flat black. they were all chipped and rusted. I might pull the roof bars off Monday when the rain stops and paint them as well.

xJohnnyOx

Reaction score
2000 EB model with 5.4l.

Installed wiring, connector and switch to the 6-CD Changer for a direct Stereo Aux input. Can now listen to my IPOD direct (no more cassette adapter).

Also installed a new PCV grommet. No more buzzing noise and it feels tight enough to hold the PCV in place (for some reason it was popping out easy before). Old grommet was hard and brittle.