What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sitruc_btb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cleaned off all the fuses in the engine bay and under dash, cleaned up the battery cables and terminals, and performed a Ford Boo test. Checked oil level and tire pressures. Nothing exciting. Lol.

rob21

Reaction score
Installed an OEM hitch from the salvage yard. It was on a 99 with tow package. $25. Good score.

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm new here and looking forward to participating in what looks to be an awesome place for expedition owners.

I just picked up an 04 4.6l about a week ago. Today i night shaded the taillights and third brake light. And plasti dipped my rims.

Not sure if I can ask this here in this thread, but does anyone have any experience in fixing a leaking oil filter adapter? Mine seems to be leaking from that area. I'm hope to fix it myself. If anyone has any tips and can let me know if this is a common oil leak I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

srs7324

Reaction score
Side moulding replacement

I have the white and chrome side moldings on my 99 XLT, and they have started to look pretty worn. Rather than replace them I covered them with AC Aluminum foil tape and I think it turned out pretty good for only 7.50 for a 150ft roll.

Before install, after install and side by side comparison images attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 141

srs7324

Reaction score
The passenger side already had gotten water behind the plastic cover portion of the trim and it had to be cut off before I laid the foil tape over it. The other 3 were not that bad in shape and just were taped over with any trimming.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got the correct remotes that I ordered over a week ago. had to get batteries for them but both programmed easily. No more trying to find the key hole at 10p every night