What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I want to add a trac-lok to my cruddy open 3.31 (4x4) rear.

as far as crazy squeaks go, guys, my passenger side seatbelt (female end = with button) rattles like a **** when the seatbelt is not plugged in. drives me nuts.

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The DieHard died hard today. Second one off a warranty in two years. Don't make them like they used to, so I decided to try something else. Temp was -12 and about -40 wind chill, so I had to replace the battery in subzero weather. That was fun.

Got a great deal on a new battery at Advance Auto Parts though. Found an online coupon code and got $50 off. You have to make the purchase online and use the code at checkout then pick it up in store to get the discount or it also includes free shipping, which is even better unless you need something right away - like a battery. The code is WD2 and it gets you $50 off $125 or more, $40 off $100 or more or $30 off $75 or more. Makes you want to buy something you don't even need (haha)...

Last edited:

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what does it take to rebuild the rear LS. I know mine has the 3.31 ls and I am not sure if it's working.

Look up replace clutch pack on ford 9.75 on youtube. Its a Novice guy but I used his tool idea to swap it out. Basically a bolt, washers and a couple nuts to compress the the clutch disc and remove the spider gears. It not no where near as easy as the 8.8 diff. thats a 20min swap. Also fork out the lil extra and get the carbon clutches they will hold better and last longer than a year.

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what does it take to rebuild the rear LS. I know mine has the 3.31 ls and I am not sure if it's working.

I forgot if you want to test it lift one tire off the ground put a jackstand under that side and try to drive off of course in 2wd. if you pull off the stand you are good if not clutch is gone.

ggoblue

Reaction score
2001 exp.

a new battery...the old one was the original....an early oil change to synthetic...threw in a thermostat [dealing with heat issues]

the motor turned over much faster with the battery/syn oil combo.

:D

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not my Expy anymore But I saw a huge Tongan family Driving my old 08 Expy I traded in, I sure miss that Thing alot :( Worst mistake but after puting $900+ into repairs to fix it and keep it on the road I had no choice but to trade it in because I couldn't afford the expensive repairs it kept having, all due to improper repairs after the wreck.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went through a field Saturday and got covered in mud, washed and waxed today.

the LSD seems to work, my buddy in a 01 explorer floored it and did a peg leg burn out, I made a nice set of tracks and had a good time with my new ride ;)

zDuaPVu.jpg coz7doG.jpg

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Noticed a bad sound from the front brakes..see anything wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 181
OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ouch, Mine, luckily, got new front rotors and had the rear ones turned before I got her.

this is why I do a suspension/brake check when I rotate the tires. no better time than when the wheel is off.