What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHAGGYS EXPO

Reaction score
Well I replaced the radiator on my 98 EB. No biggie. Two hours at max. And that was installing two 10" electrics fans. dah before that changed the transfer case started motor. Was easy except for swapping out the wires from the old to the new harness. So get my 4x4 working again. Take one trip and on way back home of course when I pass by the local scrap yard I hit SOMETHING. And boom both passenger tires. Good thing I was looking for twelve wides and 31's anyway.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't do this all in a day so I put my last week into one post.

Found a couple of minor coolant leaks and tightened the clamps. bought a new PS fluid res cap since my dumb self managed to lose the last one. Installed a radar detector and ran power wire for it. Had my tires balanced again. lucky I opted for the lifetime balance/rotate/road hazard package but it doesn't seem to help.. wal mart can't seem to balance a tire for s###. I will have local shop dismount and rotate two of the tires 1/4 turn and re balance. But, for now I have to deal with vibration at 68-73 mph. I also washed/detailed her over the weekend although I still need to get the paint taken care of. I discovered fading clear coat on the roof and the scuffs on the rest of the paint are more pronounced when I wash the dirt off. She is a really pretty green color other than that.

I hear I can get about $40/rim in scrap value when I decide to order the steelies. Idk if I want to discard of the wheels like that though.

As of now, I won't be putting any unnecessary money into her thanks to my living arrangements on the edge of change. I do however wish I could source a vacuum pump and gauges to borrow for a weekend so I could get my ac system started. but that is a false hope as mine is likely too dirty to even bother with :(

TheMightyThor

Reaction score
I changed my thermostat, it was stuck open so my temp gauge would sit right above the C on the temp gauge and stay there.. I've only owned the truck for 3 weeks so I have been driving with it this way.. I thought the truck ran great before... now its like WOW ha ha .

My only concern is I replaced the t/stat with a fail safe, which I read last night many people recommending it... but today I found threads on other sites where people warn about them... not sure what to do.... maybe order a motorcraft one and pop that in when i have some spare time ?

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried to mount a switch for the extra headlights on the dashboard. But it got complicated, the cables were to short and there were no space to wriggle the cables from the engine space.... and I had a terrible hangover ;-)
Id just bundled the switch and cables together somewhere beside the engine.
Some other day...

Bute i washed the car. My wife was painting the house, and i wanted to look busy.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
added some shudder stop to the trans fluid to attempt to stop the torque converter shudder issue I'm having. it seems to have worked and it feels like she is going into and out of torque lock up easier and without needing near as much throttle to do so. time will tell though.

BrandonB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stopped off to get front cover gasket set and water pump o-ring. Had to order the set but should get to put her back together tomorrow!

BrandonB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Put my timing cover and water pump back on. Forgot to put the crankshaft sensor in.... now I get to drop the AC compressor to do it.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got my fuel filter put in after buying the filter over three mos ago D: I dumped the gas out of it reverse of what the fuel flowed and the fuel came out really dark rust colored..

Idk if it's just psychological but it feels like she pulls better after that.