What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed a spectre cold air intake kit today on my 04. Also installed the econoaid throttle body plate. What do you guys think? Any thoughts on this setup? Pros/cons?
4yjy5yny.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

rob21

Reaction score
Chasing a small vibration, i changed the rear bearings/seals. Vibration still there.

sitruc_btb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cleaning the K&N filter as we speak. Taking measurements to see if a 35" tire will fit underneath in spare tire area. (Fingers crossed)

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally ordered some headlight lenses. I got the lightning style lenses and plan to save up to buy this later in the year.

I need to replace the top brake light soon and also plan to replace the brake and turn signal lights with LED lights. the instant on/instant off is safer as it's easily noticed in ones peripheral vision.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
finally got the front tires replaced. the ones that were up there were from 2006 it turns out. they were bald and dry rotted badly I estimate they had at least 70k miles on them...

This pretty much closes out the major maintenance on my expy except for the front end suspension refresh which I may or may not order this week. I'm going to begin to work on cosmetics soon starting with the front end. I need new fenders and the bumper is pushed in slightly. I'm not sure if I want to de chrome her or leave everything in a factory state.

Attachments

• 100_6548.jpg
    100_6548.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 100

Kansas Gary

Reaction score
Been having the CEL come on so I worked on that today. Hopefully I got that figured out. Put a new belt on while I was under there. She is purring like a kitten again....

JRFam05

Reaction score
How is the expy performing with the new Intake? Any noticeable changes fuel, power or performance ? Do you need to make any throttle or tuning adjustments after install ?

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I spent the last two days chasing a #2 misfire.
First thought was bad plugs. Bought the truck a year ago and had no idea when the plugs were changed.
Bought new plugs and started with #1. Plug looked brand new. Hmmmm?? Went on to #2 and the coil was all rusty and fouled looking. Pulled the plug and it also looked new and burning really well.
So I bought a new coil put in a new plug new and the new coil pack and went for a drive. Guess what, still missing! Ok, so the spark is good, so maybe the injector is plugged? Bought a new injector and tossed in. Jumped in and went for a drive, guess what STILL MISSING!!!
Swapped coils about 4 times, even put in the old plug and still missing.... Grrr!!!
Figured just maybe I didn't drive far enough to let the computer learn the new parts. So I went into town and visited my folks. About a 15 mile drive through traffic and stop lights. Now I am throwing a #2 misfire and a multiple cylinder misfire! Double Grrrrr!!!!!
Pulled things apart AGAIN and rechecked everything. Seemed to miss less at an idle in the driveway, so headed for home. STILL MISSING!!!!
About then came up on the freeway on ramp. Decided I was either going to clear it up, or blow it up. On the freeway I went with my foot buried. Still missing.... Kicked the OD out cranked it up to about 70 and left it there. After about 10 miles it started running better. Skipped the first offramp and kept my foot buried. A few miles up the freeway there was a little hill. Slowed to down to about 65 and put her to the wood! 70,75,80 no miss. Woohoo!!
Hopped off at the next offramp and took the backroads about 20 miles back to the house. No miss.
Got in this morning and headed for work, woohoo! No miss!

Moral of the story, I have no idea what was wrong. Just ran the crap out of it and it fixed itself. Damn electronical computerized cars anyways....