What feature....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
I love the features.... Use them all. Why else buy the Platinum? Find an XL or SSV.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for me,, It is more about stupid features.. Auto motor stop.. I am VERY sure the cost of replacing the starter will greatly pass any gas this "feature" saves. The eco drive mode actually saves gas.. But EVERY TIME I restart the car, it is necessary to turn the knob back to ECO. Even a cheap kids toy can remember the last mode it was in when turned off and turned back on. Oh.. And don't expect to push the auto stop feature and the drive mode within seconds of each other..

I agree with this but figure they likely do it due to liability and people being idiots.

What IS interesting is that if you have it in 4wd it will STAY in 4wd even after restarting. So it’s possible but they decided not to do it. I’m guessing because if someone has it in eco mode and forgets and then tries to merge onto a highway and mistimes their move and causes a wreck they could blame Ford for being in “reduced power mode” without them choosing it for that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65