What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was time for Lincoln to come get my Navigator for service... they brought me the exact same model I currently have except it was the signature navy blue color. Shockingly, I received a ton of comments while driving it. A couple of my neighbors complimented me on the fancy new upgrade and the people at my kids car pool lane said pretty much the same stuff. They were all dumbfounded when I told them it was the exact same as my regular car, just not silver. I really was surprised how different people judge based on color alone. I never cared for the blue color but it appears that I have no taste.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did oil change #3 at 15K after a run from West MI to Gatlinburg, TN with the vehicle packed with 6 adults, luggage, and a hitch box full of fire wood. Installed a valvomax drain valve in the process. Hopefully next time around will be less of a PITA and less messy. Looked at Fumoto, and Stahlbus valves before settling on valvomax. All stainless, Veteran owned company, made in USA. All good things!

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did oil change #3 at 15K after a run from West MI to Gatlinburg, TN with the vehicle packed with 6 adults, luggage, and a hitch box full of fire wood. Installed a valvomax drain valve in the process. Hopefully next time around will be less of a PITA and less messy. Looked at Fumoto, and Stahlbus valves before settling on valvomax. All stainless, Veteran owned company, made in USA. All good things!
Lol Same just did it yesterday in my driveway. 15k

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i’ve driven mine off a cliff (jumping out before the launch of course.)

at least in my mind.

but in all seriousness, i’ve just gotten several quotes for the trade / sale value on this since it’s got the warranty to 150k, a LOT of interest.

i envy those of you who have dodged the cam phaser bullet & managed to avoid the open heart surgery.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two projects today. Neither was as easy as I was hoping.

Ashamed as I am, I have to admi5 that the first project was replacing my MagnaFlow stainless cat back with a CGS stainless cat back. I didn't mind the acceleration noise of the MF but the drooonnnnneeee was way too much for me. Funny how the CGS was roughly 60% of the cost of the MF. Anyway, I really hate trying to line up these exhausts, there is so little room above the box frame and getting things to line up and stay lined up when you're trying to wrench down the clamps. Everything wants to twist on you, even when things are in the hangers. not to mention, getting these long sections in without damaging the brake lines running right above the frame, when you don't have a lift available, is a pain in the butt. I also tried to reuse the clamps from the MF, they are a much more compact design and better looking than the massive U Clamps, but they definitely didn't work. The two exhausts use different connections from section to section.

So to review the outcome, they sound pretty similar during acceleration, and I do expect the CGS to dampen a little over time just like the MF did. After calling MF to complain about the noise, they said you need to wait sometimes around 100 miles for what little dampening material is in the muffler to compact and work right. They weren't kidding, it did get a little better, but it didn't help the drone. I am happy to report though that the CGS does NOT have the drone issue. I still wish it was a tad more timid during acceleration but we'll see if that changes a little over time. I may eventually do a small resonator, CGS told me that have some small/compact ones that can help a little. I get it, it's a V6 and doesn't have a V8 sound. Oddly enough, the CGS sounds a lot like a V8 during idle. With that said, you can tune the sound from an exhaust just about any way you want. I used to run a racing Acura turbo 4Cyl that sounding nothing like your typical ricer. It sounded sweet...

I will also say, one thing I like is that the tip for this unit doesn't stick out as far behind the rear tire. The MF stuck out a little like a sore thumb, and I get it, some folks want to show it off. I don't want to show it off, and it just becomes something else to get jacked up. It was so bad that if I ever drove off a curb, I'd probably rip it off. The CGS isn't quite as beefy as the MF, but it's still stainless and pretty well done. All mandrel bends.

My second project was the Sumo Springs. While I don't intend on towing 10k lbs very often, I wanted to stiff up the rear a tad, and it definitely worked. The sumo's combined with the front and rear sway bars feel amazing. Cruzing around some tight entrance ramps while accelerating, this things feels better than it should honestly. These were a bit hard to install than I was expected, even with the suspension fully extended. If you go to do this, definitely make sure you lube the springs with a little soapy water. Even though I'm sure I might not need to, I didn't secure mine with zip ties.

Good times!

PXL_20210529_012931536~1.jpg

PXL_20210529_012917620~1.jpg

PXL_20210529_012843324~1.jpg

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worked on changing my roof rack up. Upgraded solar panels, moved Maxtraxs to the side to make room for a cargo box.
179463b11b79c0a1f72ca5c549569379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Railroadmam

Reaction score
Matt0404. How do u like your 5 star tune? R U still running stock intercooler?
Your ride looks good!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65