What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hughes022

Reaction score
When I added the sumos to ours, it did not raise it at all that I'm aware of. They're just a progressive spacer that go inside the springs. But man, do they sure make a difference, in all positive ways.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did this raise your vehicle? Did you happen to measure how much?
@hughes022 is correct, these do not raise the vehicle at all, they simply prevent one rung within the springs from compressing under load. Thank goodness, I have less than 2" of clearance in my garage and can't fit in many parking garages already. Love the look of these a little lifted but can't lose the garage access.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did this raise your vehicle? Did you happen to measure how much?
Below is a chart for when I added my sumo springs. It raised it by 0.25 inches. I drove around the block between measurements to help release any suspension binds from jacking the vehicle up. I measured to the wheel well. It was probably 500 to 600 lbs of tongue weight D45E1810-C5FF-4F41-91C8-65D1096CC574.jpeg

hughes022

Reaction score
Personally, I have not noticed much difference at all unloaded. At the most, going over speed bumps just has more of a "truck" feel to it. Firmer, but not jarring and/or bouncy. I also have a '17 F150, and it's still softer than that. Everything else about the Expy is stock though, in regards to suspension.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here, with the Sumo's, it feels a little stiffer in the on-ramp turns and yeah, over speed bumps there's a little more bump but not much at all. Honestly it feels great for top heavy boat!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65