What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are these worth upgrading to if I have lower mileage vehicle? Or more of a replacement as the stock get older. I only have 14k on mine.
If you are having a rough idle, or are tuned, at least pulling your existing and checking gap is a good idea. My thoughts, if I am going to pull them to check, might as well pop a new set in. These WILL be better plugs than the ones that come in from Ford.

PNWExpy

Reaction score
If you are having a rough idle, or are tuned, at least pulling your existing and checking gap is a good idea. My thoughts, if I am going to pull them to check, might as well pop a new set in. These WILL be better plugs than the ones that come in from Ford.
No rough idle that I’ve noticed but it does have a tune. Off and on anyways. They are working on revising the tune again. I’ll have to order some and throw them in at some point. Thanks!

PNWExpy

Reaction score
Who you tuned by and what tune?
I’ve tried the performance 92 and the daily/tow 92 from 5 Star. The performance was way too jumpy and glitchy and both tunes kept causing the truck to fall outta gear and throw drivetrain malfunction codes. I didn’t mind the daily/tow tune but sending the truck into limp mode isn’t something I anticipated dealing with. If they can adjust whatever they adjust so this doesn’t happen anymore I may try the variable octane tune now that prices are on the rise again..

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
I’ve tried the performance 92 and the daily/tow 92 from 5 Star. The performance was way too jumpy and glitchy and both tunes kept causing the truck to fall outta gear and throw drivetrain malfunction codes. I didn’t mind the daily/tow tune but sending the truck into limp mode isn’t something I anticipated dealing with. If they can adjust whatever they adjust so this doesn’t happen anymore I may try the variable octane tune now that prices are on the rise again..
Damn that sucks. I run 93/e30/e50 from them in my 2020 f150 and they are smooth as butter. All base tunes too. They are usually pretty good about revising though so fingers crossed for you

PNWExpy

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I run 93/e30/e50 from them in my 2020 f150 and they are smooth as butter. All base tunes too. They are usually pretty good about revising though so fingers crossed for you
Thanks. They are slow but at least responsive and willing to try and fix the problems. Hoping they can because it is a nice little boost in power and drivability when it runs right.