What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took it to the beach! 1300 miles with dozens of miles of deep sand driving. Even pulled out a Jeep and towed it 5 miles through sand. Expedition handled all with ease and comfort!

View attachment 36571

It’s the Raptor wheels giving your Expy a little more testosterone. Hahaa. What awning did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took it to the beach! 1300 miles with dozens of miles of deep sand driving. Even pulled out a Jeep and towed it 5 miles through sand. Expedition handled all with ease and comfort!

View attachment 36571

It’s the Raptor wheels giving your Expy a little more testosterone. Hahaa. What awning did you go with?

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score

I will say the tires performed great @ 16psi. The awning is a Rhino Rack Foxwing. I also have the RV5 tagalong tent that attaches to it. Really great system.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will say the tires performed great @ 16psi. The awning is a Rhino Rack Foxwing. I also have the RV5 tagalong tent that attaches to it. Really great system.

Very nice, the RV5 and RX5 get great reviews. I like that system better than a roof top. I went with the OVS free standing 180 degree. It’s a cheap import but very well made and affordable. My wife thought the awning was dumb until we started issuing it. Dunes, lake and even in our driveway she want to have it out.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Fox wing... Have always liked the idea better than the straight out but have yet to see one in person. I imagine it's more of a pain to setup but worth it to have shade around back as well? Have any pics of it setup with the tent? I have had a RTT but with a growing family it will probably have to be retired til the kiddo is old enough to sleep on his own up there.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are looking for a good daddy day gift I'm very happy with these given the price... The rear head rests are a little narrow but I feel like as I add stuff it will matter less and less...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQZ7W9J/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_MXq5EbKNJ11V7

20200613_122021-01.jpeg

PS, got to love that Ford attn to detail on the seat corner. It's not like a place where people will grab often... :3811797817_8d685371

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would love to hear your thoughts on the Fox wing... Have always liked the idea better than the straight out but have yet to see one in person. I imagine it's more of a pain to setup but worth it to have shade around back as well? Have any pics of it setup with the tent? I have had a RTT but with a growing family it will probably have to be retired til the kiddo is old enough to sleep on his own up there.

The OVS is super easy to set up. I went with the 180 over the 270 because I will usually have a trailer or boat hooked to the Expy. I was worried it would get in the way at the back.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, I really like the 180 as well... I have not seen that one. Super smart... Are there wall options?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, I really like the 180 as well... I have not seen that one. Super smart... Are there wall options?

Yes, walls for both the 180 and 270. Their made in China or Taiwan , but half the price of any Aussie brand or name brand awnings. Here is a guys review of the walls for the 270. I like his idea about spacing the bottom of the awning.