What is behind access panel on left rear quarter interior ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

don b

Reaction score
1999 , 4wd, had air suspension on it. There is an access panel on the interior left rear quarter in the cargo area. I opened it up when I 1st bought this and thought it was the air compressor for the suspension but later when researching the suspension, it says the compressor is in the engine compartment.
It surely has something to do with the suspension --- right ?

jseales

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken it is the air compressor for the suspension.

Shabadoo

Reaction score
I've got a 2000 EB 4WD that came with air suspension. Unless there was some major change, the air compressor is in the engine bay. Passenger side, front, underneath the windshield wiper fluid. By left side of the cargo area are you referring to passenger or driver side? If I'm remembering correctly, on the driver side is your rear blower motor and associated items for the dual zone climate control if equipped. On the passenger is the sub-woofer if equipped and tire change equipment.

I'm 100% certain of the compressor location based on my vehicle but don't know as much about the contents in the cargo area so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On 3rd gen there's a fuel cutoff switch there

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I converted from bags to springs, I removed the air compressor from the engine bay.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rear heat/ac blower unit in there; if equipped.

as stated above, compressor on pass side engine compartment below windshield washer reservoir.