(what looks like) water spot on INSIDE of gauge lens...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HornedFrog

Reaction score
Contrary to what my wife says, I notice EVERYTHING. It's both a blessing and a curse.

After having my windshield replaced the day before yesterday (stress crack on a 2017, which ford is declining coverage on--awesome), I notice what appears to be a small amount of condensation on the inside of the gauge lens. I shined my phone light in there, and there's evidence of a smudge/stain which could be water residue but it's tough to say. Little stuff like this drives me crazy. Its exacerbated by the fact that it's right where I look on the right display.

It seems extremely unlikely that it wasn't there when I bought the vehicle, and also unlikely that, if the windshield was leaking, that a water drop found its way through the cover and down into the lens with that being the only spot. I'm about to go check the carpets to make sure they are dry.

Opinions? Thanks.

OP
OP
H

HornedFrog

Reaction score
Update!

Checked the carpets. All dry.

Double checked that what I was seeing was condensation... it isn't. It was a fine spot of adhesive and a water spot on the outside...undoubtedly from when the windshield was replaced. Should all clean up.

Thanks.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Contrary to what my wife says, I notice EVERYTHING. It's both a blessing and a curse.

After having my windshield replaced the day before yesterday (stress crack on a 2017, which ford is declining coverage on--awesome), I notice what appears to be a small amount of condensation on the inside of the gauge lens. I shined my phone light in there, and there's evidence of a smudge/stain which could be water residue but it's tough to say. Little stuff like this drives me crazy. Its exacerbated by the fact that it's right where I look on the right display.

It seems extremely unlikely that it wasn't there when I bought the vehicle, and also unlikely that, if the windshield was leaking, that a water drop found its way through the cover and down into the lens with that being the only spot. I'm about to go check the carpets to make sure they are dry.

Opinions? Thanks.

Really? Brother, I mean this in the nicest way.....you need a little Weed or better yet, an extract(simpler and healthier too).

This won't eliminate the little things from being there....but you'll stress over them less!

Life is too short to get twisted over things that don't matter too much but I'm very glad to hear that it's all dry now!!

jeff

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everybody's got something they get **** over. I've known my friend Carl for close to 40 years. We've worked on a ton of vehicles. Never heard him ***** over anything. Well Monday I went to visit and use the visit to do my tranny service. Put cardboard all around pan area, got a few spots on driveway, scrubbed with soap and brush, no problem. The thing that sets him off is not draining water from hose, and causing kinks when putting back around wood storing thingy. Really, that bugs you, and not all the messes I've had to clean over the years. Turns out his wife has been doing the hose thing for 51 years. Certain things, some people, just go goofy. Do agree with the booze to make you calmer, don't touch drugs anymore.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk