What Sets Your Expedition Apart From Others?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ superexpy

IMG-20120428-00562.jpg

1st of all that is a gorgeous expy! Very well done and you can easily see all the hard work and attention to detail put into it. It paid off..came out very nice!

I have a question as far as your air filter box. I noticed you lined it with acoustical foam. Was this done to lower intake noise?! If so does it work?

The eaton is noisy as hell and all the sound eminates from the air filter so it has my interest.

Thanks all for your nice replays :)

I lined the filter box with the foam because I noticed the the box it self would get hot and didnt really keep any heat out so I tried the foam thing. Not sure if it works but it does seem cooler when you stick your hand in there.
My truck is too really noisy, It sounds like a jet when you get on it and at vacuum it screams and whistles mostly because of my blowoff valve.

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is all Stock, except for the more agressive tires, but I have had several people ask what the NBX edition was... (NBX= No Boundaries Edition) Factory Skid plates, off road tuned shocks, Class IV towing standard with Tranny cooler and larger radiator, and factory smoked headlights. All in all, there's not a lot I would like to do thats not already there.

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is all Stock, except for the more agressive tires, but I have had several people ask what the NBX edition was... (NBX= No Boundaries Edition) Factory Skid plates, off road tuned shocks, Class IV towing standard with Tranny cooler and larger radiator, and factory smoked headlights. All in all, there's not a lot I would like to do thats not already there.
Very cool never heard of NBX but sounds great!

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My bent bumper brackets........lol

New brackets are on the way though!

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Me and my expy have been through a lot. We out ran a crazy man in a green Pontiac Montana and made it though every snow storm with out fail.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i guess i would have to say my blacked out theme, hidden winch mount with winch, offroad lights up top (took my cb antennas off for now), and my lift. not too many around here with a lift.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
While there may be thousands of Expys... it seems that no 2 are alike. Got to love freedom of choice and individual taste. I think they all look bad a$$. :)

Cept for SG with his guy wire mod..
There SG I threw it in there..lol.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While there may be thousands of Expys... it seems that no 2 are alike. Got to love freedom of choice and individual taste. I think they all look bad a$$. :)

Cept for SG with his mirror mod.
There SG I threw it in there..lol.

And you still screwed it up. I fixed the mirror. It's the body mod(dents from the guide wire) that makes it different. haha