Wheel/Rim options from Ford - lame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum other than reading it for a few weeks now as I'm looking at getting a Platinum Max. Lots of fun reading and good people on here. I hope I'm not recreating a prior post that I couldn't find...

I like my cars to stand out at least a little bit and have some sort of uniqueness that excites me. I have been reading car magazines my entire life and 'dream ordering' my favorite cars forever. I am utterly amazed that with the top model of this car, there is only 1 option for wheels!

I'm coming from a 2009 Suburban and even in 2009 they had about 5 choices for wheels (at additional cost). Not only that, you can get the same Platinum wheels on the Limited. SO visually (exterior), there are almost no queues that this car is a top model other than the grille and name plate. I am very surprised or at least disappointed by this. It is much easier 'sell' to my wife for me to finance wheels into the purchase then to go spend 1-2k on aftermarket wheels. At least give me a 2nd choice! I'm clearly in the minority or Ford would have offered at least 2nd choice but I'm still surprised.

Thanks all for letting me vent!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once you get past that, it's an amazing car

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum other than reading it for a few weeks now as I'm looking at getting a Platinum Max. Lots of fun reading and good people on here. I hope I'm not recreating a prior post that I couldn't find...

I like my cars to stand out at least a little bit and have some sort of uniqueness that excites me. I have been reading car magazines my entire life and 'dream ordering' my favorite cars forever. I am utterly amazed that with the top model of this car, there is only 1 option for wheels!

I'm coming from a 2009 Suburban and even in 2009 they had about 5 choices for wheels (at additional cost). Not only that, you can get the same Platinum wheels on the Limited. SO visually (exterior), there are almost no queues that this car is a top model other than the grille and name plate. I am very surprised or at least disappointed by this. It is much easier 'sell' to my wife for me to finance wheels into the purchase then to go spend 1-2k on aftermarket wheels. At least give me a 2nd choice! I'm clearly in the minority or Ford would have offered at least 2nd choice but I'm still surprised.

Thanks all for letting me vent!
I’m sure the dealers ship wouldnt mind stealing your money for aftermarkets. My local dealership has a off-road shop attached to it that upgrades all the f series trucks that ppl want and it gets financed right into your small mortgage

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or sell on craigslist and recoup some money for new wheels. I just try to do this, a set of Black Rhinos with Michelin Defenders 727/60R20 for ~2300. Hope to get 1-2k for new "take-offs"

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or sell on craigslist and recoup some money for new wheels. I just try to do this, a set of Black Rhinos with Michelin Defenders 727/60R20 for ~2300. Hope to get 1-2k for new "take-offs"
Which BRs?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, the Denali wheels are really nice, but I couldn't stand the horrible ride of the Suburban Yukon chassis.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why not have the dealer put on a set of F150 wheels. The rears might have an issue with the stub sticking out though. I think the outside vendor wheel option factored in is a better idea though. Work with the dealer, or find one that will give you a credit for the original. Selling on Craigslist or eBay is nothing but a bunch of bargain hounds, don't go through that crud. It's not worth it!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Highlightreel

Highlightreel

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I get it's a bit dumb to care that much but it is irritating to not give me at least 1 choice. Just the principle of it. But it is a theme with Ford as there's no wood or dash accent options. I'm sure it makes building them more streamlined and isn't an issue for the majority of buyers. I'll also check out the F150 wheels.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
F150 ltd wheels are rele noce and would look gpod on the expy