When trying to start it, One click past power on and electrical shuts off completely.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I disconnected the battery and checked it with my meter it's . Reconnected it and all seemed well.. Once again one click past power and electricals gone again. Retried again with ignition on when reconnecting (for the anti theft) no help... Any ideas folks?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

The ignition switch positions to be concerned with are referred to as "run" and "start".

What happens with the vehicle in each position?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the electrical part of ignition switch failing. That's the usual suspect when dash lights fail, and no start.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Is there any possible way to confirm that with any codes? (Like I know how to do that ...) The thing is that when I turn it to the start position all juice disappears, until I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Acting like a 220v slow blow fuse kinda odd to me for sure

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well....12.6 is fully charged. If the engine has been running it will have a surface charge bringing up about a volt, so 14-15 is off a little.

Turn to run position and see if anything works. If not, the ignition switch is suspect and should be tested.

If yours has a maxi fuse in the engine bay check that also. Some vehicles have them while others don't.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Analog so yeah meters pretty old. It does indeed have what appears to be a long Fuse almost as long as the battery.
It'll be late Sunday afternoon before I can get back to where it's at. Thanks for your insight. I'll be sure to post once I have checked the fuse and I will probably need to some more information on how to test the ignition. Depending on what I can find on YouTube. Enjoy your weekend!