Where to put the geny when towing a travel trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Added tongue weight, of course, which is going onto the ball and onto the truck. What's your tongue weight right now? What's the generator weigh and can you lift it to that height and secure it? Those bungees ain't gonna secure that cooler. :)

I carry a 35 (30?) gallon water tank in the back of the Expedition when we're camping with no water on site. 300ish pounds of water.
-- Chuck

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I carry my Predator 3500...about 85 lbs empty...up just behind the front passenger seat. I lay down a sheet of 3/8" plywood, lift the gen onto it and roll it forward and block the wheels. I balance the weight as evenly as I can. Forward of the rear axle lessens tongue weight. Some day I'm gonna spring for two Honda 2000i's...only take one except for those times I need to run the AC. I don't carry gas inside the SUV, but I do carry it in jerry cans placed inside bins inside the trailer, but only when I'm a few miles from camp site...not 300-400 miles.