Where to tap into HI beam wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know what signal wire to tap into to make my light bar power up with the hi beam headlights? I have it powered off the battery, but I'd like the signal wire to be wired into the hi beams so I don't have to manually switch it on every time and dim it.
Anyone?

Thanks.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few of us have been waiting for someone to dig in. I'm afraid it's going to require removing the front bumper. Not sure if halogen setups are different but the LEDs have light control modules which I have accessed from the wheel well but I have yet to find any 12v out for high beams.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s a connector behind the wheel well for each light (remove the fender liner as if you were replacing a bulb on the halogen equipped vehicles). According to the drawing it’s a 4 pin connector: marker, low, high and ground. The drawing says it’s 22gauge with 20gauge for the ground.

the only other option is to go to the BCM with the solid state relays, which looks like a real PITA to access in comparison.

I just ordered some hella spot lights and will be tapping the control wire into the high beam wire going to that connector.

Edit: Looks like GY-BN (Gray/Brown) on the left and VT-OG (Violet/Orange) on the right. Have not confirmed those, yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s a connector behind the wheel well for each light (remove the fender liner as if you were replacing a bulb on the halogen equipped vehicles). According to the drawing it’s a 4 pin connector: marker, low, high and ground. The drawing says it’s 22gauge with 20gauge for the ground.

the only other option is to go to the BCM with the solid state relays, which looks like a real PITA to access in comparison.

I just ordered some hella spot lights and will be tapping the control wire into the high beam wire going to that connector.

Edit: Looks like GY-BN (Gray/Brown) on the left and VT-OG (Violet/Orange) on the right. Have not confirmed those, yet.

If you confirm, could you snap a pic please? Thank you!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AKP! Where have you been? Does the LED look like that behind the fender. If it’s just a plug I will make a custom tap plug so I don’t need to cut or strip any wires. I need my Switch-Pro to have the high beam input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AKP! Where have you been? Does the LED look like that behind the fender. If it’s just a plug I will make a custom tap plug so I don’t need to cut or strip any wires. I need my Switch-Pro to have the high beam input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sup Foz! Had a baby and work came back at the same time so been busy getting into a normal schedule and routine. Haven't been able to do a thing to the truck, just been enjoying it the best I can.

I don't think we have the same light setup. I'm hoping the high and lows will be the same but I will have the drl/arrival lights to deal with. Do you guys have cornering lights? For sharp turns and I think when the blinkers are on? This is the harness I could reach without taking the wheels off... I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't get to take good pics.

20201203_232650.jpg

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A06230A6-B80A-4C56-99C0-F0F404F64AFE.jpeg

As an FYI, this is the manual. I’ll be checking the physical wiring this weekend.