Where's the hidden lake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effingpot

Reaction score
So this is a weird one. Since the beginning of the monsoon season here in England, I have been able to hear liquid swishing around behind me and to the right. My assumption was it was the petrol tank and I could just hear the petrol swishing around. Odd thing is I've never heard that before in the last 24 years of Expeditions!

Today my son heard it and asked what on earth it was as he'd never heard it before and my daughter said on TikTok someone had the same problem and it was the bodywork (different car) taking on rainwater and capturing the water inside the doors or frames or something!!!

So .... anyone had rainwater coming into a 2015 Expedition behind the passenger seat and low down? Or do you think it could be the petrol (gas)? It's very odd.

As always, your suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Mike

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had this happen on our 2014. It was water in the door. There is a little black rectangular plug on the bottom of the rear door. I used a small screwdriver to carefully remove it, and the water poured out. Problem solved. I'm not sure how the water got in there, but it hasn't happened again.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was the rear right passenger door I just drilled some 1/16” weep holes about 4 of them and that fixed it but clean out the existing drain holes first before you drill anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not a problem, hope you don’t have any rust or anything from the water depending on how long it was in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now that you've gotten the water out, think about ways it may have gotten in and check those out. If the dew wipes and window seals around the glass areas are nice and not gaping cracks or the like...

Of course, you did say that you had a hell of a rain.......

gregcm21

Reaction score
We have a 2017 EL Platinum and same issue. Passenger side rear door...after major rain storm we heard water or something sloshing around. Never heard it before. Pulled over opened door and it was heavy. Pulled the rubber plug and probably 2-3 gallons of water ran out. I'll add this to the list of things for Ford to fix.