Which repair manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schulzie

Reaction score
what manual do you refined recommend for our vehicles? I'm looking for a service manual for general maintenance, servicing and repairs. thanks!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Look for a genuine Ford dealers' shop manual on DVD on ebay. They are written by Ford, used by the dealers are the most complete and can often be had for $35. New, they are ten times that price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-2008-...Fbw9:sc:USPSFirstClass!11561!US!-1:rk:36:pf:0

Beware of crappy imitations, bootleg copies and download links.

Most are outdated disks of the Ford dealers' release, which require your computer's date to be set back to the issue date to be read. ...Whatever it takes.

While these are the best I've found they are no match to the old time manuals of the 1960's which explained how everything worked and could be repaired in an age when parts weren't simply replaced.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford digital manuals and paper books are the only way to go. You can buy a Haynes, and Clymers as a backup, but you'll find that most of the info is for other models. They make their manuals for too many models. Never covers what you need, at the time you need it!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got one from eBay.
Only rub is I don’t have a good PDF reader that I have found that gives me a nice easy searchable layout.

So much easier to flip thru a book.
Kinkos wanted like $80 to print and bind it.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For $80.00 you can buy the printed books. I forget the name of the company that sells them. I've bought them for my mustangs, and Lincoln's. Their available usually in 4 separate books. Maybe one of our older members here has that company name, I'm drawing a blank.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just went on eBay, theirs quite a few selling the 3 set paper books. One seller has all 3 used books for my 2000. At $65.00 I think I might grab them. The copy of the CD version I got from the late Bedrck 47 won't open up right on the computer. Like Black, I'm old school, and prefer the paper version.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks train master, no their more like $140.00 on up for the 3 pack. Years back in 96, I got all 4 for my Lincoln, and I think I paid $80.00 back then. Used would be best bet if you already like the grease stains like I do. Actually I used to like seeing the greasy fingerprints on the cylinder/ heads pages when I got back parts from my machinist. Knew he got specs right!