which wax do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I cheaped out...can't see spending so much $$$ on the new AIO Zaino.

Just bought some Eagle One Nanowax AIO.
Looks good on my Silver GTI, really easy to apply. But it's pretty easy to make a silver car look good.

Haven't had a chance to put it on my Expy yet. Since it's black, this will be the real test to see how good it is.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes i agree, 30 bucks is a bit pricey to spend on wax but according to zaino that little 6oz bottle is enough for 48 coats!!

Ill give it a shot when i have 30 bucks to burn...

03ddie

Reaction score
The Wax Shop "Super Glaze" is by far the best stuff Ive ever used. It doesnt matter how sloppy you get with it, it wont leave residue even on rubber and black plastic.

G

Zaino is excpetional. I used the Z2 Pro with the Flash Cure Accelerator and then followed with just the Z2 Pro. I regularly use the Z6 shine enhancer and occasionally the Z8 shwo car shine. I had used Meguiar's for 20 years and there is no comparison. The depth and clarity of the Zaino is superior. It is expensive but it works.

DaveS1955

Reaction score
I use Meguiars. If you want to increase the shine use the Cleaner then do two or three coats of the polish then hit it with the wax. When I use this method on my Exp it gives depth to the shine as well as brilliance (Dark Green and Tan EB). When used on my 97 T-Bird it makes the hood look like it is meant for ice skating (Royal Blue paint color).

DaveS1955

Reaction score
Regardless of what you use, when it comes to automotive finishes cleaners clean, polish provides shine and depth (which is what removes the swirls and scratches) and wax provides the protection. If you only use one product it should be a good polish and wax combination.

Reaction score
I'm suprised no one's mentioned Griot's Garage? I use all their polishes and wax now and have had people ask me where I got my truck and car "repainted"? Bear in mind...I drive a 2000 Expedition XLT and a 99 Mercedes CLK430 and both are BLACK. That I still think is a true test of how good a polish and wax is. I'm not a detailer...just a car/truck nut with the rest of you guys. This stuff really is first class and it's not super $$$. Take a look at it...I'll post pics within the next week if the rain stops here in Indiana so I can get some decent pics!
Thanks!
http://www.griotsgarage.com
I used the #1, the #3, and #4...and then the "Best of Show Wax".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself