Who is running wheel spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
I just finished my Bilstein 5100 lift. I will be keeping my stock 20x9 Limited wheels but will be adding a 275/60/20 tires. These tires are taller but NOT any wider than stock.

With that said, I am thinking about adding a 1.25" spacer to put my wheels/tires right at flush with the fender well.

Any thoughts on this and specifically on the hubcentric spacers below?

Thank you!! 8fb75d818e38d0a58621a65c1db9ba13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jeka

Reaction score
Good rating on Amazon... looks like you've already made your decision... so go for it :happy107:
personally I would never ever put spacers on my vehicle, but what do I know...

OP
OP
M

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
Good rating on Amazon... looks like you've already made your decision... so go for it :happy107:
personally I would never ever put spacers on my vehicle, but what do I know...
Have not made up my mind. Would love feedback from ppl who have done it themselves.

OP
OP
M

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
Would actually like a smaller spacer but can't seem to find any. Open to any recs on 1/2" - 1" spacers.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of Land Cruiser guys use spacers and I just bought two pairs of .25 hubcentric spacers myself from https://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Have not added them yet, but another user here has and the company has a very good reputation.

My concern is safety and wear, but with .25 the amount of threads left is well above the minimum and they are factory bolts, and a 1/4 of an inch should be so minor as to fall well within the engineer's original specs.

Also, I believe 1.25 spacers will "poke" a little if that is what you are looking for?

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any spacer is going to increase load on the bearings, will change the track and will not conform to OEM engineering. My concern would be the spacer lug nuts working loose, may not happen but would always be a worry.

StealthyD

Reaction score
Dudes are always ragging on spacers and how they will effect the hubs and blah blah. Is there added risk for future “wear and tear”? Yes. But whatever. If you think it looks cool and wanna run them, then Do it. Just buy quality spacers and use correct lug nuts and torque them to the said requirement.

Lots of guys out there running huge 2-3” spacers on various types of vehicles with no issues other than replacing hubs more often. I used to live in VA Beach, in diesel/powerstroke country where everyone is running 22x14’s or bigger plus spacers... again, torque them accordingly and live your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There was a post here the other day with pix of a cheap Chinese spacer with broken bolts. Very scary.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
A lot of Land Cruiser guys use spacers and I just bought two pairs of .25 hubcentric spacers myself from https://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Have not added them yet, but another user here has and the company has a very good reputation.

My concern is safety and wear, but with .25 the amount of threads left is well above the minimum and they are factory bolts, and a 1/4 of an inch should be so minor as to fall well within the engineer's original specs.

Also, I believe 1.25 spacers will "poke" a little if that is what you are looking for?
On 0.25" spacers wouldnt you have to grind down the existing wheel stud bolts down to 0.25"?