Who is running wheel spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUWAGN

Reaction score
A lot of Land Cruiser guys use spacers and I just bought two pairs of .25 hubcentric spacers myself from https://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Have not added them yet, but another user here has and the company has a very good reputation.

My concern is safety and wear, but with .25 the amount of threads left is well above the minimum and they are factory bolts, and a 1/4 of an inch should be so minor as to fall well within the engineer's original specs.

Also, I believe 1.25 spacers will "poke" a little if that is what you are looking for?

I have 5mm hubcentric spacers front and 10mm hubcentric/wheelcentric spacers from Motorsport-tech.com as well. Installed with no issues and as smooth as it was before. I used the offset front/rear to even the track width as well as being able to fit F150 wheels for my winter set modifying the axle shafts.

These bolt between the hub and the wheel, no extra studs like the type shown in the first picture. I've had a set of these exact 10mm spacers on my Ram for 60k miles and no ill affects towing up to capacity and with high payloads.

20210117_215830.jpg

20210117_212144.jpg

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any spacer is going to increase load on the bearings, will change the track and will not conform to OEM engineering. My concern would be the spacer lug nuts working loose, may not happen but would always be a worry.
What would be the difference in load [on the bearing] if you used a wheel with a different offset?

OP
OP
M

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
I have 5mm hubcentric spacers front and 10mm hubcentric/wheelcentric spacers from Motorsport-tech.com as well. Installed with no issues and as smooth as it was before. I used the offset front/rear to even the track width as well as being able to fit F150 wheels for my winter set modifying the axle shafts.

These bolt between the hub and the wheel, no extra studs like the type shown in the first picture. I've had a set of these exact 10mm spacers on my Ram for 60k miles and no ill affects towing up to capacity and with high payloads.

View attachment 40727

View attachment 40728
Thank you!! Quick clarifying question, what size spacer did you have to use to fit the F150 wheel on the expedition axel without trimming?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember pushing the wheels wider will also make your suspension softer because of the additional leverage the wheel has on the springs/struts. Just something to be aware of as these things are already horribly soft in my opinion.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you see all the crazy crap WhistlinDiesel does with wheel spacers. They seem to be stronger than most people think. Ya, he breaks them, he brakes everything, that’s his thing.

4a59b3eb5db46c723782a5b7c9af4a09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
Remember pushing the wheels wider will also make your suspension softer because of the additional leverage the wheel has on the springs/struts. Just something to be aware of as these things are already horribly soft in my opinion.
I have Bilsteins on mine adjusted to their highest setting so not soft anymore!

BLUWAGN

Reaction score
Thank you!! Quick clarifying question, what size spacer did you have to use to fit the F150 wheel on the expedition axel without trimming?

I used the 10mm on the rear and had no issues with F150 platinum wheels bolting on.

BLUWAGN

Reaction score

Agreed Deadman. I'm lucky enough to have HD rear springs OEM, and have SumoSprings with a Hellwig rear bar. Heading to the Black Hills next week with a small trailer (few hundred lbs tongue weight), but there's plenty moguls on I-90 to exhibit suspension travel so we'll see how it handles. First time with all of these changes and trailer over 100 miles length.

JimW

Reaction score
I'm using the 2" Rough Country spacers. I'm still waiting on my Bilstein 5100s to increase my tire size.

Reaction score

View attachment 40728

@BLUWAGN do you happen to have a pic of the result? I just put F150 wheels on my XLT and although I was prepared for the axel shaft issue, I missed the offset issue (oops). I *think* that 5mm/10mm would work, especially since I put on aggressive tread AT (Toyo Open Country) tires. Also, can you confirm that you used standard lug nuts and avoided any changes to the lug bolt shaft? Obviously, on the rear, the total length will be 10mm shorter and I'm concerned that now the OE lugs would have commensurately fewer threads engaged.

IMG_9857.jpg

IMG_9878.jpg

Last edited: