Will not shift out of park?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy whelchel

Reaction score
Hi just bought a used 15 el and it won’t shift out of park, anyone have that happen/ know what might be wrong or the fix ?> Thanks

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Put foot on brake. If your doing that already, then probably a neutral safety switch failure.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shift interlock solenoid/brake light pedal switch would be my guess as they are common problems on these trucks. You can Google on how to diagnose/replace them. If you bought from a dealer let them do it and pay for it. If not, it's cheap if you do it yourself.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why get dirty when you don't have to? Stamp sent a post a few weeks back that their in the transmission. It's called the transmission range position selector assembly. It's near the solenoids in the tranny. If your going to fix yourself, you'll have to diagnose first. Personally I'd let the shop you got it from do it. That is assuming they gave you some kind of warranty.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
If its a bad brake pedal switch, brake lights wont come on either?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett