Wilwood TX6R Extreme install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am doing it for a couple reasons... None of them being totally necessary

I wanted a little more stopping power. I love the way the bigger rotor fills up the 22inch wheels. Plus I just like tinkering and upgrading.

I called a local shop today and he is going to help me finding a better fitting for the stainless braided lines.

I will update after I visit the shop Wednesday.

Hey, I TOTALLY support that!

"Because I f*&%ing want to!" is the best, most valid reason you can ever give for modding your truck! Or, at least, that's what I'm trying to convince my wife... LOL

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have made my day...
Thank you for being the first and getting all the "little" things worked out for the rest of us. Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the kit. I'm guessing it was a kit built for the F150?

Initial bite usually has more to do with the pads than the size of the brakes but I have zero experience with BBKs and automated brakes. I wouldn't hold my breath with this system in our trucks. I feel like its grabby and doesn't brake early enough as it is in stock form. Which is nice that it stays out of the way when you are rolling on the highway and are passing people regularly... but not if you are using the system as designed.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can see a need....coming from a f350 (crew cab, long bed, 4x4) 6.7L diesel...there is not enough brake on the expedition (for my driving style)....I really miss the engine braking of the diesel.

I feel CERTAIN that ill warp Max's rotors in short order and have been looking at drilled an vented replacement rotors already.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have made my day...
Thank you for being the first and getting all the "little" things worked out for the rest of us. Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the kit. I'm guessing it was a kit built for the F150?

Initial bite usually has more to do with the pads than the size of the brakes but I have zero experience with BBKs and automated brakes. I wouldn't hold my breath with this system in our trucks. I feel like its grabby and doesn't brake early enough as it is in stock form. Which is nice that it stays out of the way when you are rolling on the highway and are passing people regularly... but not if you are using the system as designed.

Yes it was the f150 kit. I did a lot of research on part numbers between the expedition and f150. Almost everything was the same except the hub itself. (But wasnt different enough for me to give it a try) If something didnt work out I would just sell the kit on an f150 forum.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can see a need....coming from a f350 (crew cab, long bed, 4x4) 6.7L diesel...there is not enough brake on the expedition (for my driving style)....I really miss the engine braking of the diesel.

I feel CERTAIN that ill warp Max's rotors in short order and have been looking at drilled an vented replacement rotors already.

skip the drilled. Slotted are ok. A set of EBC rotors are usually an upgrade over any Oem ones.

aaconboy

Reaction score
That looks like a great setup!

Ever get it all installed? Any issues?

Did you do the rears also?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks like a great setup!

Ever get it all installed? Any issues?

Did you do the rears also?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

I have not installed yet... had issue with a fitting and got a new one and life happens and just haven't got around to it yet.

As of last time I checked there is not a kit for the back.