Wind Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electrotanman

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Platinum that all of a sudden developed an annoying wind noise above 50 MPH. Driving me crazy !! Any one else experience this issue.

Thanks ! Love the info on this forum.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Platinum that all of a sudden developed an annoying wind noise above 50 MPH. Driving me crazy !! Any one else experience this issue.

Thanks ! Love the info on this forum.
Stupid question but are you sure every window and window vent is closed? Nothing stuck in there tracks?

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The driver side mirror on my 2019 has a slight whistle noise above 50 mph. I identified this by using the power fold feature at speed and the whist stops immediately when the mirror body moves.
I'll be mentioning it to the service department when I get my first service/ oil change here shortly.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The driver side mirror on my 2019 has a slight whistle noise above 50 mph. I identified this by using the power fold feature at speed and the whist stops immediately when the mirror body moves.
I'll be mentioning it to the service department when I get my first service/ oil change here shortly.
My 2018 has the exact same issue. Power fold them and it goes away...annoying.

mmaylock

Reaction score
I've recently developed a whistling sound that only happens between 45 & 55 MPH. No noise below or above that speed range. Sounds like it's coming from the instrument cluster but who knows. I'm waiting for the dealer to get a new stock of loaner vehicles so i can drop it off...

I'll try folding in the mirrors to see if it has any effect.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've recently developed a whistling sound that only happens between 45 & 55 MPH. No noise below or above that speed range. Sounds like it's coming from the instrument cluster but who knows. I'm waiting for the dealer to get a new stock of loaner vehicles so i can drop it off...

I'll try folding in the mirrors to see if it has any effect.
Noise cancelling speaker maybe?

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
my 17 had a wind noise when brand new. It sounded like the drivers window was just cracked... So annoying, it was right at my left ear. The dealer ended up replacing the window and door weather strip under warranty. The dealer has a process for isolating the noise... I made them find it and fix it. I know they're not Bentleys but I fully expect a 70K+ truck to function as designed.

Shawn Blankenship

Reaction score
Boose - I took my 19 into Ford, they said they hear nothing, looks as if I'm going to just pay them to replace the weatherstripping and/or whatever else seals the door - so ticked off. I told them the same thing, I paid 70k it should not have wind noise.