Window motor different than ones for sale on internet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RUNNING hard

Reaction score
I ordered a driver side window motor off the internet after looking at quite a few. I took mine out and it’s different than all the new and used ones for sale. The one that was in mine has a plastic inverted gear. The ones for sale have a steel gear sticking out. Is there two different motors. If so where can I get one like mine

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered a driver side window motor off the internet after looking at quite a few. I took mine out and it’s different than all the new and used ones for sale. The one that was in mine has a plastic inverted gear. The ones for sale have a steel gear sticking out. Is there two different motors. If so where can I get one like mine

Did you try a Ford dealer, using your Expedition’s VIN?

The current motor you removed may have been replaced previously, and be a genuine Ford OEM product.

OP
OP
R

RUNNING hard

Reaction score
I haven’t tried a ford dealer using my vin. I know person who purchased it new the window motor was never changed. I’ll take the number off the motor and see if one matches it or replaced it.