Windows slow to roll.....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What lube are yall using?

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

Tomfooter

Reaction score
What type of Lubricant did you use? Wet or Dry (Graphite)? Any particular brand you preferred? Thanks for your post. I'm going to get brave one day and do mine before replacing anything.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess if 2 ppl ask someone will answer

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

DRS1

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Stopping by your dealership so a Ford certified tech can take a look is the best first step. If you're concerned about cost, ask for an estimate before they proceed. If you have any additional questions, just let me know!

Crystal

If this person from Ford is still around...

This window problems on this topic has been a major defect since the redesign in 2003. I have a 2003 EB (purchased new) and have been through this on both side. And now ready to go through the cycle again. Now we have later year models with same issue. Ridiculous.

And same issue for the poor prep in assembly and poor design of the aluminum rear door and hood. My 2003 hood to date is ok.. But I am one if the very few. My rear door is a corrosive mess. Galvanic corrosion with dissimilar metal, poor prep before paint, poor design that let's in all kinds of moisture between paint and aluminum.

We see many Expeditions on the road with the same issue. I would say almost all have problems. And this has not been fixed in 10 years of production.

The spark plug issues... The poor brake rotor design, many if us could go on and on with design defects that in these days there is no excuse.

Worst of all, Ford will not fix this for free.

Genesis 2012 TAU 5.0
Sent from my iPhone using Tap..

DRS1

Reaction score
Oh... And now that the new F150 from the frame up will be aluminum... Imagine the poor paint prep, galvanic corrosion, and other problems on the whole body. Why would anyone suspect that? Because Ford will not fix their defective aluminum design on the Expedition series for years.

Genesis 2012 TAU 5.0

0627Devildog

Reaction score
I am having the SAME problem with my 05'. . . . But it only appears to be a passenger side issue. Back when she was still under warranty the Lubed the tracks 3 times, replaced the motor twice, and the regulator once. This is a serious design flaw.

All other windows roll up and down fine. But the passenger side problems just keep returning. . . . regardless of what is done. I was even told to roll the window up and down more "to keep the track lubed". Ridiculousness.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If this person from Ford is still around...

This window problems on this topic has been a major defect since the redesign in 2003. I have a 2003 EB (purchased new) and have been through this on both side. And now ready to go through the cycle again. Now we have later year models with same issue. Ridiculous.

And same issue for the poor prep in assembly and poor design of the aluminum rear door and hood. My 2003 hood to date is ok.. But I am one if the very few. My rear door is a corrosive mess. Galvanic corrosion with dissimilar metal, poor prep before paint, poor design that let's in all kinds of moisture between paint and aluminum.

We see many Expeditions on the road with the same issue. I would say almost all have problems. And this has not been fixed in 10 years of production.

The spark plug issues... The poor brake rotor design, many if us could go on and on with design defects that in these days there is no excuse.

Worst of all, Ford will not fix this for free.

Genesis 2012 TAU 5.0
Hello DRS1,

My name is Tricia and I’ll be here if you ever have any questions or concerns in the future.

I recommend making an appointment with your dealer and speaking with the service manager if your vehicle is experiencing any symptoms. He’ll be in the best position to look into this for you and can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to your vehicle.

I’d like to document your product feedback as well. Please PM your full name, VIN, dealer info, details of product concerns, and best contact number.

I’ll be sure that this is noted! :happy107:

Tricia

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well the Ford girl was Crystal, we scared her away, now we have the Ford girl Tricia... and oddly, Tricia is recommending the dealership too. Hey Ford girls, the dealers do nothing but push back, and say "there's nothing they can do, and you're out of warranty." Sorry folks, parks closed, moose out front should've toldja. And the funny thing is, these Ford girls probably drive Kia's. The thing is Ford girls, we love our Ford trucks... despite all these ridiculous issues your employer will not fess up to, or take ownership of, despite years, and years, and years.... of documentation, complaints, and us "Stopping at our Ford dealers first." Hey Ford girls... STOP TELLING US TO GO TO OUR FORD DEALER! THE FORD DEALERS SUCK!! Talk to your respective bosses and tell them to man-up (or woman-up, I'll be PC), and acknowledge there are a lot of on-going, recurrent issues with these trucks, and issue the necessary, various recalls. Not just TSB's that pay for nothing.

Oh, and the real reason I'm here... I now have an '08 Navigator, just picked up (previously had an '05 Expy EB, and a '10 Expy LTD)... the Navi is in the shop having a tune-up, and guess what the plugs broke upon removal. But as my car sits in the shop, for day #3, I realize my window makes this horrendous squeal as it tries to go down, ever so slowly... But, for whatever reason, I bought a 3rd. Shoot me now.

And if anyone seriously made it thru this entire rant, I will buy a delicious craft beer of your choice. I've had a few of said brews, and just felt like jumping in. Cheers.
Rick