Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcapper

Reaction score
Why is it that my 02 Expedition won't start, it just cranks and cranks. If I shut it off after and try again in 5 mins. it will usually works. I have tried turning the key on and off a few times and that doesn't help. Yet if I use my remote start it will start almost everytime. Any ideas? Would it be a leaky injector or something in the remote start module?

DC

OP
OP
D

dcapper

Reaction score
I guess I should have gave you some more info. The car turns over all the time. Just doesn't seem to fire. I am going to check for spark. But it seems wierd that the remote start works and the key doesn't. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the ignition where I insert the key.

DC

Trizoy

Reaction score
Might be something in the remote start electronics... Also could be a case of vapor lock (if it happens overnight)

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More than likely it is your remote starter relay or the ignition switch if the remote starter always works. Depending on how the remote start is wired it may have a bypass relay that is normally closed to bypass the remote start when the key is used. It may also just be the ignition switch. Do you notice the accessories not coming on when you turn the key to the run posiion when you have the problem? I am just guessing based on your description and by no means am I claiming to be 100% sure.
Matt