XLT No Direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
I've tried to calibrate it several times, drive in circles until dizzy.
Can anyone tell me where the compass module is or how to fix this issue?expy compass.jpg

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
Mirror, mirror, on the wall.... *(in the rear-view mirror). Try rotating the mirror upside down and see if east and west are reversed.... Calibration works, just keep trying. It took me a few trials.

Expedition007

Reaction score
The compass module on my 2007 EL XLT is part of the rear view mirror. With the mirror unplugged, I too get - - for the direction. I realized this when the button on the glass became unglued. I removed the mirror temporarily.

OP
OP
2010ELExpy4x4

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
Tried turning it upside down to no avail, it rarely shows a direction except North (even when not going North) mostly it shows the two dash marks.
I'm wondering if the compass module went bad?
The wiring I can see looks good.

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
When I got a new windshield, the installer unclipped the mirror easily enough. Should be plenty of replacements at Junk Yard Bobs.

OP
OP
2010ELExpy4x4

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
I think I will have to explore that avenue next, I found a couple online $50 and up, will check prices at my local Bobs first I think.
Its not that big of a deal, I know my directions fine, I just like things to work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire