Anti-Theft System ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
About to check voltage on the fuses, relays and pins. Will give results in a while.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the attached print Upper left hand corner. G101 Make sure you check that ground connection to be sure it is clean and tight.

Attachments

• 151-001.gif
    151-001.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 36

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you first turn the key to the run position you should have voltage at the Plug Coils, The injectors and the Fuel pump. Now it would be very hard to get all three voltage readings at the same time but that is something you need to check. If voltage is missing at any of those systems you will not start.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Bedrck47
Will do. I will check coils, injectors, and fuel pump tomorrow.

I check as many grounds as I could find. Every stinking one of them are connected to painted surfaces. Everyone of them were green. Could not tell if it was painted or not. Cleaned them up and put dielectric grease on each one. Would a weak battery actually cause this issue. I have neglected to disconnect it when I am working on different things and it drops. After jumping it off, it reads 14.30 or so. I know the alternator is good. When it cranks afterward it only drops to about 10.30. I am figuring it is a good battery as long as I remember to disconnect it when I am doing preventive maintenance under the hood. I also believe the rear hatch should be locking when the remote is triggered but it has to be locked and unlocked by key. I need to check it as well.

I am guessing a voltage drop test should tell me if I am loosing power in the battery to ignition system by way of the coils, injectors, and the fuel pump. Is that what you are referring to?
Thanks for the assistance. It really is helpful.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
I forgot to ask. Where in the world is the G101. I looked all around the top of the engine, which is where it looks to be. I did find 5 ground on the firewall which I cleaned. Also found a few on the frame under passenger side and rear drivers side which have now been cleaned. I figured they went to the components I am dealing with.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
G101 is on the firewall Also check your camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor for good connections.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Okay here is what I have found so far but still has not fixed the issue of "no start". Still have to wait 15 seconds to start.

These are actual items I found that did not work properly and are now working.
1. Wiring from multi-function switch to connector under dash replaced.
2. Wiring under passenger side for running boards spliced with butt connectors and heat shrunk.
3. Tailgate actuator and solenoid replaced. I thought this might actually fix the issue because of the PATS. I never realized it was not working because I rarely use the tailgate.

I also cleaned 5 ground points on the engine side firewall, three under the frame, 1 inside the front passenger side foot well, and 1 inside driver foot well.
I am really stumped. I have already replaced the crank sensor. I back probed it and the readings were off. I have not checked the cam sensor but will as soon as I am feeling better.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also clean the MAF sensor

The three item that you fixed should have nothing to do with starting Yet good thing you found them and fixed them.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Cam shaft sensor readings:

While running:
Low of .046
High of .160

Once turned off and keys out:
Reading of .170

It actually started the first time (surprised me).

Took keys out again
Reading .182 (cranked but no start)
Went as high as .190

Pulled key out and put it back in the run position and waited 15 seconds:
Reading at .193
Cranked and started

Low of .202
High of .208

It is not giving me a code on my Bosch OBD II.
Cannot figure this one out.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The following is from the service manual concerning power to the pcm:

Power and Ground Signals
Vehicle Power
When the ignition switch is turned to the START or RUN position, battery positive voltage (B+) is applied to the coil of the Electronic EC power relay. Since the other end of the coil is wired to ground, this energizes the coil and closes the contacts of the Electronic EC power relay. Vehicle power (VPWR) is now sent to the PCM and the Electronic EC System as VPWR.

I'd check for a lazy relay and to make sure that the pcm is powering up on all power inputs when you turn the key on.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik