Favorite Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard not to hate on any vehicle that's an SUV with a starting price at 52k to be honest. Maybe I hate on it because at ten years ago prices I could buy brand new and today I can't. I'd imagine a lot are in the same boat and ford loses every single one of us to the used market. It's not that we make less money, it's that these trucks have inflated to infinity and beyond way faster than our wages have went up. its not worth it and pretty soon Ford will learn that when sales slump and people settle for explorer.

Last edited:

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mileage figures havent been released yet, how do you kno theyre more efficient? Most ford option pkgs seem off i agree, but most ppl tow with these anyway(many times on this forum members say to get the tow pkg for the benefits anyway). And if you dnt offroad but need 4wd, why do you need a 2 spd transfer case? Yes, an expy is about 3k more than a gm, but your getting more features as well. Also, that price doesn't include the 6.2l engine as well. The denali fully loaded is the same if not a bit more than the expy and is not noticably faster or more efficient with the 6.2l. Also, ppl can go out to buy a gm, and they can get a product less roomy, more prone to defects, less comfortable on the road, less usuable, and generally less ppl friendly. Just sounds like your hating on it just to hate on it honestly.

I think all of these SUV's have been overpriced. Whether it's the new expy, tahoe or yukon they are all priced out of reach of the average man. The escalade is even crazier with pricing over $100m.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's pretty stupid to get 4LO you'd have to get a towing package...
Could be worse... If you want the two speed transfer case on the new Discovery you simply check the option box for the... wait for it... 3rd row seating!

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hard not to hate on any vehicle that's an SUV with a starting price at 52k to be honest. Maybe I hate on it because at ten years ago prices I could buy brand new and today I can't. I'd imagine a lot are in the same boat and ford loses every single one of us to the used market. It's not that we make less money, it's that these trucks have inflated to infinity and beyond way faster than our wages have went up. its not worth it and pretty soon Ford will learn that when sales slump and people settle for explorer.
I think issue is that the 2018 Expedition is a change in strategy for Ford's full size SUVs. Previously it seemed their goal was to match the specs of the GM products with an MSRP of several thousand less. With the 2018's it seems they've transitioned to matching the MSRP but offering more for the same price. Go ahead and option up a Suburban LT Z71 (with luxury package) and an XLT FX4. The price is about the same, but the Ford gives you a panoramic sunroof, 3300lb greater towing capacity, adaptive cruise control, etc...

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed, the prices have skyrocketed. The companies have learned its more profitable to sell them at higher prices wit more features since thats what the customer base mainly gets. Within the next gen fully loaded trucks are gon hit 100k, and this is without the diesel and hybrid setups for them

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No one has mentioned one of the main reasons I just bought a 2017 Expedition rather than wait for 2018...The 2018 will have STOP/START system that will force the engine to shut down at a full stop, then hopefully restart when you step on the gas, pretty much like a old mountain gas golf cart! Two big issues here, one is that driver control is removed at an intersection should emergency evacuation (meth head, drunk or cell texter closing fast) or need to blend into traffic quickly. One flaw in the system over the life of the vehicle and you and your passengers are at risk for no gain other than a few pieces of FED silver environmental credit to Ford. Secondly, with the amount of starter cycles X 10,000 times normal. Wonder who pays for the 2-3 new starters and batteries?
GM has the same stupidity factor and is why I did not buy 2018 Chevy Traverse.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My believe my dads escalade has that feature, cant rele tell. But you can turn it off, why ppl complain that you have to turn it off everytime, idk, its just a button press. Theres threads in the f150 where members have found ways to turn it off long term.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If any of you bought new in 2005-2010 it would be hard to stomach today's prices. I can't, many can't. When these trucks hit 100k is when they discontinue them all because no one will be buying. People buy my exact truck that was $32,000 in 2007 for $52,000 in 2017 why? It's the same truck... because consumers are uneducated and pay Ford for nothing but a new smell. More features doesn't justify the price it costs them a little bit more it's all economy of scale for them. I've said this before I think I apologize if I have but from 1997-2007 prices went up 1-2,000 dollars then from 2007-2017 it went up $20,000 dollars it makes no sense and is just a Ford cash grab. A new expy depreciates about $20,000-$30,000 in the first year of ownership now because they are priced above what they are worth so the buyer is screwed. When a vehicle is overpriced from new the value drops off right away in comparison to a vehicle that is priced properly.

Last edited:

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No one has mentioned one of the main reasons I just bought a 2017 Expedition rather than wait for 2018...The 2018 will have STOP/START system that will force the engine to shut down at a full stop, then hopefully restart when you step on the gas, pretty much like a old mountain gas golf cart! Two big issues here, one is that driver control is removed at an intersection should emergency evacuation (meth head, drunk or cell texter closing fast) or need to blend into traffic quickly. One flaw in the system over the life of the vehicle and you and your passengers are at risk for no gain other than a few pieces of FED silver environmental credit to Ford. Secondly, with the amount of starter cycles X 10,000 times normal. Wonder who pays for the 2-3 new starters and batteries?
GM has the same stupidity factor and is why I did not buy 2018 Chevy Traverse.

I thought the same thing when I first heard about stop start technology. It was on another vehicle awhile ago. Does the gas saved overcome the price of the new starters and batteries.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We leased a new 2011 Volvo V60 wagon with start/stop and when we returned it 4 years/apx 50K miles later the OEM battery and starter were just as strong as the day we got it. Zero issues.

As soon as you reduce the amount of force you have on the brake pedal while stopped at a traffic light, the engine refires. In other words, before your foot can move from brake to gas pedal, she is ready to go. The above emergency evacuation concern does not apply. I'd imagine the start/stop starters are a little more robust than your typical starter.

On topic: Vista roof.