HD towing worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure the dealer also changes out your master cylinder for the brakes, or the brake controller will not work properly.

I have the integrated brake controller on my F250 and it is the BEST brake controller I have ever used. I tow several trailers equipped with brakes with the F250 and have NEVER had any issues. When I bought my 2008 Expedition, I had no choice but to add an aftermarket controller (Prodigy). It works good, but not as seamless as the OEM controller.

Good luck.

OP
OP
B

balaguru

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I did not know that was part of package. I really need to buy the service manual. I hope they don't start balking when they realize just how much work they agreed to.

Make sure the dealer also changes out your master cylinder for the brakes, or the brake controller will not work properly.

I have the integrated brake controller on my F250 and it is the BEST brake controller I have ever used. I tow several trailers equipped with brakes with the F250 and have NEVER had any issues. When I bought my 2008 Expedition, I had no choice but to add an aftermarket controller (Prodigy). It works good, but not as seamless as the OEM controller.

Good luck.

OP
OP
B

balaguru

Reaction score
Well, now the dealer is claiming the integrated brake controller cannot be added. This is all pretty frustrating. I'm now waiting to hear back after I expressed my displeasure. I had been told when I purchased the vehicle that it had the HD towing option and only agreed to pay the $570 as a token of me accepting some responsibility for not recognizing the option was missing when I inspected the vehicle before signing on the dotted line.