How much $$$ off MSRP did you get your '18 Expedition for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! But you can buy for years 4-8 when you are closer to the end of year 3, right? In other words, shell out the money later as opposed to immediately at purchase time.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! But you can buy for years 4-8 when you are closer to the end of year 3, right? In other words, shell out the money later as opposed to immediately at purchase time.

You can but the price goes up.
Best to buy within 12 months or 12000 miles to get the "new" price.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The warranty plans for a new vehicle start back at mile zero regardless of when you buy the warranty.
So a 3 year extended warranty runs for the same period as the factory 3 year warranty. if you want to go further than the factory 3 year warranty, you have to buy the 4, 5, 6, year etc ESP plan.

On the incentives, there is $1000 ford money, $1000 for financing through ford and $1000 if you are a current ford owner so that's probably what aggiegrad got to get the $3k in incentives. (that's what I got as well)
That is correct on the incentives; ford cash back, ford financing, ford loyalty.

As far as the warranty, most everything has been said. But to recap:

The warranties run from the in-service date regardless of when you buy the plan so you don’t get it for longer if you wait longer to buy. The benefit to buying during your initial 3/36 is you’ll get a loaner during any warranty service.

You do pay less when you buy it at the time of purchase, but you can get just about the same price for the whole first year.

You can buy the plan through any ford dealer and many dealers have made a name for themselves doing nothing but selling the plans online (Lombardy, Flood, etc). If you go to those websites you can get a generic quote for the term and deductible you want (I did 8 years, 100k miles, $100 deductible). The quote will not be trim specific however, so expect to pay a little more when you give them your VIN and finalize.

Those plans work just like the one you buy from your dealership at the time of purchase.

You can either buy from one of those dealerships online or, as I did and as Brian suggested, use that quote to negotiate your dealer down at the time of purchase. There’s not really anything to argue about; they either match the price or you tell them no thanks and buy on line...you’re in the same position either way. So buying from your dealer at more than the price quoted online is akin to setting the difference on fire.

Greyfox

Reaction score
The warranty plans for a new vehicle start back at mile zero regardless of when you buy the warranty.
So a 3 year extended warranty runs for the same period as the factory 3 year warranty. if you want to go further than the factory 3 year warranty, you have to buy the 4, 5, 6, year etc ESP plan.

On the incentives, there is $1000 ford money, $1000 for financing through ford and $1000 if you are a current ford owner so that's probably what aggiegrad got to get the $3k in incentives. (that's what I got as well)
My invoice for Platinum 4x4 White Platinum - bench seats - mats - including destination and delivery $77,765 / paid $73,600 - $4165 discount - took 2 days of negotiation -
I did the deal, that's the good news - bad news telling me 10 to 12 weeks possibly for delivery!! :(

tater

Reaction score
I purchased my Expedition Limited used with 29,000 on the odometer. It was from a dealership in Ohio. At the time of purchase they were pushing the extended warranty pretty hard, telling me they were giving me the best possible price. They were quoting Ford's premium warranty at over $2400, 7yrs./100,000 miles. I decided to shop around and got the same warranty with a few extras for just over $1300 at Anderson & Koch (I believe they are in Minnesota). That was with a $100 deductible.

Reaction score
One other factor: The extended warranties include loaner cars. The sooner you get the warranty, the sooner the peark is available. There are a few others as well.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to build sales pipeline software for dealerships to sell these warranties. They are SUPER flexible on price, most of the dealerships that used our products had a $500 “pack” (shows as added to raw cost that the reps can’t remove but the managers can) and started pricing at 1000-1500% markup from plan cost (without pack) so they could work down from there.

I bought my Tacoma from that dealership group when I was an employee, they gave me my 100k mile extended warranty for cost: $238.

Not to say they aren’t worth the money at $1,500, but you can bet that plan premium costs them around $500.

GoBison

Reaction score
First post. Order placed today. Tri-white platinum 4x4 max, med ceramic interior, max tow, mid buckets. Msrp $82,605. Paid $76,281 after $2k in rebates using FMC finance at least for 3 mo's. Adding 3M film to entire front, door cups, sides and rear ledges. Interior protection and weathertech mats for ND winters.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Can you even order weathertech mats for these yet?
No, they're not available yet and the Ford all-weather mats do a pretty poor job of keeping the carpet underneath clean and dry. Plus they currently are not offering the 3rd row mat. Still haven't figured that out given it's a 3-row passenger vehicle.