How much $$$ off MSRP did you get your '18 Expedition for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those that have ordered did you negotiate the trade-in when you ordered or wait until delivery?

I ordered mine in Dec at full MSRP (80k). When it was finally delivered in March, I could only get them down to 78k. I always planned to lease so my negotiating power was limited. They’re more flexible to finance or cash buyers.

mike devlin

Reaction score
MSRP was $65,185 including Destination and Delivery. Paid $56,088 plus $299 for tags and State taxes.

So I ended up around 11% off MSRP. My local dealer refused $58,000 for the truck with a MSRP of $64,565 so 30 mins online got me this one.

I had to finance it with FMC so I am losing about $300 in finance charges until i refi it.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Prices on the Expedition are dropping rapidly lately.....just found one $10,414 off sticker.....and that's before negotiations.

upload_2018-5-23_12-35-28.png

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems ford is havin a tough time moving expys. A lot of expys arounfd the tri state area(md, de, nj) have had the same expys in their lots for months now, i wonder why?

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Prices on the Expedition are dropping rapidly lately.....just found one $10,414 off sticker.....and that's before negotiations.

View attachment 25252
I saw prices similar to this but only on XLTs not the Plat Max or even LTD Max. That said a good internet search and a day or so negotiating on the phone/email will give you strong results.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw prices similar to this but only on XLTs not the Plat Max or even LTD Max. That said a good internet search and a day or so negotiating on the phone/email will give you strong results.

Limited prices are dropping as well, this one is $8400 off sticker....

upload_2018-5-24_9-25-55.png

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sales usually start slumping about now and deals tend to get better through the summer months. Hence a big reason why new year models tend to start shipping in the fall. Expy’s have been hard to get in ideal configurations with long lead times. The XLT has been discounted most everywhere for some time as the Limited and even Platinum have proved to be more in demand. I think once people decide to spend upwards of $65K on a vehicle, they may as well get what they want. Ford dealers across the country have also shown that they don’t have a clue which options the customers truly want.

So we’re now at the point where they will continue to be discounted and new orders will shift to 2019 models here possibly as soon as end of June, but almost assuredly by the end of July. Ford may not even change anything for the new model year, possibly just a color option or two and swap out grille designs to coordinate with updates on the Explorer.

Add to all that GM has been heavily discounting the Yukon/ Tahoe/ Escalade since ford launched the ‘18 Expy. Almost bought me a Yukon XL Denali myself. Almost... Only reason I didn’t is it felt a couple years dated (because it is) and the Expy, to me anyway, drove and handled better. GM has been doing so much better in regards to their dealer-spec’d cofigs being more desirable. Then again they have been selling these big SUVs in huge numbers for some time now and have it pretty well dialed in.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
KC is a huge market for Ford expeditions and SUVs in general. Aside from mine, I've only seen about half a dozen different expeditions and 2 nagivators in the two months since I got mine.

The one I ordered in February still isn't at the dealership!

Pop302

Reaction score
I ordered mine in Dec at full MSRP (80k). When it was finally delivered in March, I could only get them down to 78k. I always planned to lease so my negotiating power was limited. They’re more flexible to finance or cash buyers.
If you don’t mind saying it, what kind of a lease deal did you get? Down/payments?

firstexp

Reaction score
I'll be headed to a dealership to negotiate a (hopefully) good deal on a 2018 Expedition Platinum Max.

For those of you who have purchased/financed your '18 Expedition, how much $$$ off MSRP were you able to get your vehicle for?

I'd love to hear your feedback. Many thanks!

Just purchased a 2018 Expedition tonight (Limited, 2wd):
302A Package, magnetic metallic paint, cargo package, 2nd row buckets, and entertainment package
MSRP 73,530
-7530 dealer discount
-1000 rebate
65,000+TTL final price so total out the door was 69,513.

Not sure it was a great deal, but we needed the vehicle and it had what we wanted (more actually). I had one other price of $65k elsewhere, same vehicle, except it only had rear bucket option, nothing else.