ipod charging dock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dones anyone have any pics of an ipod/iphone charging station in their ride? i'm really thinking of installing a permenant charging dock...any pics or write up from this or the other site would be greatly appreciated...

Interceptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did not have a charging dock per se in my F150, but picked up this nifty little Griffin dual usb charger from Walmart for about $15. Of course, it uses the standard iPhone/iPod cable that came with your phone/device.

Perhaps you are looking for something that will plug into your radio aux port so you can play music too?

Attachments

• griffin-charger.jpg
    griffin-charger.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no...its already connected to an Ipod connecter to my HU...i want to have it where i can sit it in something and it stands up instead of laying down in tray...i think it was on the other site where someone did that...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could do something similar to my GPS mount that I made.... I dont have an IPOD so no help from me...lol

100_0556.jpg

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Doesnt your receiver charge your Ipod when its plugged in?

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes my receiver charges it when its plugged up...i solved my own problem by finding the right mp3 holder...suppose to attach to vent but i double taped it to right underneath the vent

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
yes my receiver charges it when its plugged up...i solved my own problem by finding the right mp3 holder...suppose to attach to vent but i double taped it to right underneath the vent

So you were looking for a method to mount it so it is not just "dangling" by the wire?.. I could use one of those.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know someone here has that i just cant remember who, maybe racenut or somthing, i just cant remember

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know someone here has that i just cant remember who, maybe racenut or somthing, i just cant remember

Nope not me! I am still using CD's thats why I replaced the factory changer with a Pioneer that way my HU will control it :waytogo: that and the factory changer never worked when I bought the truck!

I like I pods don't get me wrong, I just hate their f**ing software :shooter: all of my music is thru media player and itunes causes nothing but problems when trying to run both!