ipod charging dock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats how mine is. the ipod cable runs into the glovebox

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a thought...i may do that for long trips...but i take it inside when i go to work so i'm constantly connecting/disconnecting it...still an idea though...THANKS!!!

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i got a long cable on mine so its not to hard to get in and out of the glovebox.

Attachments

• IMG_5158.jpg
    IMG_5158.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 50

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just for you panda i added a pic and changed some words

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ross,

I have the same head unit and I just ran the cable behind the dash into the glove compartment. Out of sight out of mind. I control it all thru the head unit anyways.

i'm good for now...i think i'm going to try to do a dock on the dash...i'm going to relocate the gps ant whenever i good a good moment...so i'll look at where i can do that at...on the dash would be ideal...dont have to worry bout my wife spilling her drinks on it...

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cable is on the back of radio in the dash. cable runs into glovebox. when it is closed you dont see it at all. if you notice in the pic the cable is coming from the glovebox. wanted to show how far out the cable would stretch for ease of docking/undocking ipod. and as with other radios you control ipod through HU

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tha pro fit things does not look horrible - may have to consider that. Right now I have an ipod touch that stays in the center console and the wire to my head unit is thru there. That way the kid's movies and everything and my music are all on it. and also, if we go somewhere she can take the ipod touch out with her and watch it. I have my iphone on the windshield with some universal mount I got at target because I use some free nav app since my garmin software is so outdated, but i can plug it in if she wants some different movies. Not really happy with the windshield thing but it appears to work okay. Thanks, Mike.