ipod charging dock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope not me! I am still using CD's thats why I replaced the factory changer with a Pioneer that way my HU will control it :waytogo: that and the factory changer never worked when I bought the truck!

I like I pods don't get me wrong, I just hate their f**ing software :shooter: all of my music is thru media player and itunes causes nothing but problems when trying to run both!

damn straight. but thats the only thing you can get to listen to music now. so i had to warm up to apple. took YEARSSSS for me to do that though. i liked creative. but it was canadianexpy for everyones info! :)

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll take a look at his...dont think he crossed over...thx

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use this:BelkinFMtransmitter.jpg
I rarely use the FM transmitter anymore, but it's still handy as a charger/holder. I use a cable going to the headphone output or through Bluetooth. It plugs into the accessory port in the console/dash and is easily within reach.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use this:BelkinFMtransmitter.jpg
I rarely use the FM transmitter anymore, but it's still handy as a charger/holder. I use a cable going to the headphone output or through Bluetooth. It plugs into the accessory port in the console/dash and is easily within reach.

I was talking to the guy who's going to be installing my Pioneer HU next week. I wanted something where I could eliminate the cable between the HU and the Iphone and still play music. He said he could run the wire behind the head unit and drill through that little storage area and have an Iphone mount placed on the side with the output wire just sticking up through the plastic so when it was plugged in you don't see it, thus basically eliminating the need to have a black wire hanging from the HU input. We didn't get into prices but I figure if it's not too much I'll have him do it when he installs the HU.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ross,

I have the same head unit and I just ran the cable behind the dash into the glove compartment. Out of sight out of mind. I control it all thru the head unit anyways.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ross,

I have the same head unit and I just ran the cable behind the dash into the glove compartment. Out of sight out of mind. I control it all thru the head unit anyways.

hmm, that works too, and in fact sounds simpler (and cheaper) than what i was gunna' do. :Wedgie:

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I did that when I had the radio in my Miata and when I had it in my Pathfinder. It was just so much easier to put it in there.