ipod charging dock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well here's how it looks in my Expy... I really like it, keeps the iPod, iPhone, device away from beverages being spilled. I've got the USB power cord neatly wire-tied behind it, not mess, no cables, readily accessible. I hate ANYTHING in my center counsel, but that's my OCD kickin' in there...

expy_iphone_2.jpg

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here's how it looks in my Expy... I really like it, keeps the iPod, iPhone, device away from beverages being spilled. I've got the USB power cord neatly wire-tied behind it, not mess, no cables, readily accessible. I hate ANYTHING in my center counsel, but that's my OCD kickin' in there...

expy_iphone_2.jpg

exactly!!! its out the way...i like that...i'd have it on my side though...nice

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still want to eliminate the cord all together somehow. I'm getting the HU installed tomorrow and will talk to the guy about drilling through so just the connector is visible. Will post pics if / when he does it.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright well it's done! Took the truck in on Sat and spend most of the day trying to learn as much as I could about the installation process. Needless to say, much more involved than I thought and I won't be doing one any time soon. The amount of crap that had to be removed from the truck was amazing!

I had the Pioneer AVIC X930BT installed (blue tooth, NAVI, etc etc) and also decided to buy a backup camera (went with the Crimestopper SV5420IR licence plate camera with uv LEDs for night vision). I'll post more on another thread about all this stuff, but the point of my post here is to show how we managed to elimiinate the "wire" required by Pioneer to play music via iphone / ipod.

What we ended up doing is dropping the cord down the panel behind the HU, and up out a little hole in the storage box right under the dash in front of the cup holders. We then hot glues the interior base of the hole to keep the wire in place. Here are the pics in order (kinda) ( I don't know why the last two ar upside down...they don't appear like that on my system). Anyway the end result is I get in the truck, plug the ipod / iphone into the little black plug sticking out of the compartment, and off i go. Once it's in it looks completely wireless. (=

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 75
  • glue.jpg
    glue.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 87
  • insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 95
  • full close.jpg
    full close.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 93
  • full far.jpg
    full far.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good...i dont want mine in the tray at all...found out that i cant put it on the dash as i hoped...it will shut down when it gets hot (itouch)

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how bout mounted inside the center console?

i have too much stuff in there that i refer too...i think i'm going to relocate it on the side of the center console...on the side of the change area...drill a hole through and mount my current mount there...