What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^Nice!

After doing the intake manifold on my 1st gen, taking it off to get the plugs might be the way to go.

mr49erguy

Reaction score
My friend and I tore apart the dashboard of my Expy yesterday and successfully, albeit, painstakingly removed the heater core. Wow! What a job. Next weekend we will install the new one.

Anyone have a good OEM part number for the 2 quick connect hoses that go to the heater core? I need to replace them as I had them cut a few weeks ago when the heater core decided to become a leaker.

mr49erguy

Reaction score
I found what I believe are the proper hoses that connect to the heater core (inlet and outlet). Dorman part #'s 626-218 and 626-219). On Amazon, purchased together, they were $51.59 shipped (2 day Prime). Seems like a lot for 2 hoses, but that is a lot less than dealer or Advance/O'Reilly.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added the factory satellite radio module to my '05 and now I have great satellite reception over the FM converter thing and the add on sat radio I was using.

mr49erguy

Reaction score
I finished replacing the heater core and blend door this weekend. The dash is put back together and new heater core hoses are installed.

My friends assembled my new topside creeper from Traxion. Wow what a difference it makes to have that in the garage. I was able to get back behind spark plug 8 where the heater core hoses are at with a lot more simplicity.

Next up is to remove the intake manifold and replace the gasket, while it's off replace all of the spark plugs, coils and boots. Replace the fuel injector o-rings, replace the valve cover gaskets. Replace the thermostat and the upper and lower radiator hoses as well as flush the radiator/cooling system. Parts are all ordered. Wish me luck, but after doing the heater core job, I think nearly anything will be easier. With the topside creeper it should be a heck of a lot easier to tackle this next project.