What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EliteFord

Full Access Members
Reaction score
painted the bumpers and stuff with plasti dip :)

i'm considering doing the same, and my color is the same. Looking at black, and experimenting with glossifiers and metalizers. Can you pleeeeeaasse post pics? thanks.

wermad

Reaction score
Picked up a used set of 24s from a Navi for my 07 Limited. The dust was thick on the inside but some maguires chrome cleaner and lots of elbow - grease took care of that. Tires won't last long but gives me time to sell my pc and get some decent sets . Luckily, previous owner had tpms put in and I'm hoping a can train them with the tpms tool. Will miss the chunky look of my limited 20s but not the slightly smaller size vs the 24s. New set are Concept neeper javv 24 chrome. Factory lugs didn't fit so ordered some "tuner" spline lug nuts from ebay. ($25). Anyone in the San Diego California area interested in factory limited 20s with decent tires (80% tread left) they'll be going on Craigslist once my the 24s are slapped on.

Side note: factory jack is a pita. Will pick up a bottle jack.

EliteFord

Full Access Members
Reaction score
b72e13b18f29c7ac0e18e16f89c24d72.jpg

Just black Plasti Dip.

wow, i think it looks fantastic. and i see you have fender flares, and you did the grill too?

I don't have the flares. But, i was considering taking the black up to the headlights, and covering the entire bumper in the back. I think it would look more like a bod kit, and like newer vehicle as bumpers have become larger one piece units on newer cars.

However, I was just at autozone, and they have an actual silver plastidip, and ace hardware's here have glossifiers and metalizers. So, if the silver matches decently well, it is my best bet at creating a Limited look. Will keep you posted if of interest. thanks.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Purchased a new tuner. SuperChips Flashpaq, installed great, now time to see if it improved it any.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I disabled the utterly annoying Belt-Minder system for both the driver and passenger seats. I always wear my seatbelt while driving on public roads, but the thing drives me nuts when I leave it off to drive through a strip mall to go from Home Depot to the supermarket.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sup guys, I haven't been on here all summer, I parked the expedition for the summer and we just used my wife's corolla and my summer car.

I just registered the ol beast today and started tackling the long list of ocd stuff that I've been itching to do:

-oil pan gasket (found a bunch of info from other forums explaining how all this stuff had to be disconnected, exhaust shift linkage, motor mounts etc. To lift the motor and provide clearance for pan. I feel bad for those that have done it this way, all I did was drop the lower cross member, remove the front diff mount and the diff dropped, and pan out!)

-trans filter, gasket, and fluid.
-transfer case drain and fill.
-front and rear diff drain and fill.
-serpentine belt

I spent 3.5 hours grumbling about how I was going to have to do so much work to drop the pan, I could have got way more done of I would have figured out that all i had to do was drop the front diff, so all I really got done today was dropping the oil pan and cleaning up the pan and block, tomorrow should be allot better since all the other jobs are easy.

Can't wait to be sitting up nice and high in the ford instead of sitting on the street in my sports car! ad9da95da681635aa3eb06ac8c9dcc32.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk