What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fixed another vacuum hose "elbow" 3rd one now.one coming off pvc valve ofF the valve cover and 2 other ones close by, just used some vacuum hose i already had. I noticed that it looked "sucked shut" while the truck was running it still seem to run good like that,as i grabbed it it was all nasty an fell all apart, Also came across a tread on here about cleaning the IAC valve so i got in there got it unbolted and cleaned it,wasn't dirty in there like i was expecting it to be

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the rack off mine today... first time in over a year, kinda looks cool.
1cd3906e6f7089ec5b076ee0f9d5a289.jpg
427f0371a54c91754c61048e99e960ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn't exactly do this today. Was more like 2 weeks ago. Installed a Jensen VX7022...of course the new one came out right after I got this one (Model VX7021, who goes down numbers when a new unit comes out?) Anyway, put it in primarily for my son. Now have Hands free phone, USB/Bluetooth music connectivity, backup camera, DVD and Navigation. Only thing I haven't added yet is hands free controls on the steering wheel. The USB cable for the phone I drilled a hole in the change tray, ran it under the center console and up into the storage compartment. Cable is just long enough for him to plug the phone in. Goal is to force him to put the phone in the console and use the radio to do anything. I have also removed Disc changer and my father in law is fabbing me a plate to install in it to mount a 12V plug, a seperate plug for two more USB charging ports and a digital volt gauge. Dedicated circuit was run for the new plugs. I also did the O rings on the EATC but it will still stick in AC mode if it goes to it. If I drive and shut if off then hit automatic it will switch. Still have a vacuum leak someplace but I'm guessing it may be before the EATC.

IMG_3292.JPG IMG_3293.JPG IMG_3295.JPG IMG_3296.JPG

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well I just paid off the G37, now I can focus on either fixing all the glitches out of the expy or I can have fun and lift it and start experimenting with it...

First few things on my list are a remote start controlled by phone and limo tint everything, then LED head and fog lights.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Parked next to a lowered Tahoe at work. Mine is stock height and it towers over this thing.
ABEFE790-82E2-4865-AA0D-291B4E0B9F80.jpg

A different guy I work with just bought a similar Tahoe. He's also lowering it so it handles better. He says it currently handles horribly- it's like 13 years old with all factory suspension and steering parts. I just don't understand lowering 4wd trucks/SUVs. I tried telling him that if he replaced everything and got it back to factory fresh, then it would handle just fine. If they handled like crap new then no one would have bought them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire