What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I have a few friends that did the 3” and needed to extend some thing here and there and I wanted to stay away from that, typically with 4runners, cruisers and other overland type trucks I saw that they were all going for basically a 1.5” body lift (probably to make I‎t easier to get things off the roof). So I did some quick guesstimate measuring and I‎t seemed like I‎t would work well for me. You can definitely tell the difference in person and I now think 37s should clear okay-ish. But I just bought 3” blocks from Zone and had them cut in half and I got All grade 8 hardware with some big washers/red loctite/proper torque specs. And I’ve had I‎t pretty fast around corners, had it in a few trails and have had zero issues at all. A 2” lift would be the absolute MAX as far as lines/wires/steering/fuel neck/bumpers go IMO... even the 1.5” kind of pushes everything a bit but I checked and I have slack everywhere and everything is proper. Fan shroud is only thing that needs adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry what is Zone ? Auto Zone ?
I wanna get these I'm gonna try the 2" and c what all needs to be done. Cutting the fan shroud isn't no problem and if I need to trim the rear bumper also bc of the receiver then that not a problem either.
The extended brake lines shouldn't be hard to find.and the steering knuckle might be unless it's universal with a f150 or may have to have one made..
But I definitely doing this.

Thanks brother

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I have a few friends that did the 3” and needed to extend some thing here and there and I wanted to stay away from that, typically with 4runners, cruisers and other overland type trucks I saw that they were all going for basically a 1.5” body lift (probably to make I‎t easier to get things off the roof). So I did some quick guesstimate measuring and I‎t seemed like I‎t would work well for me. You can definitely tell the difference in person and I now think 37s should clear okay-ish. But I just bought 3” blocks from Zone and had them cut in half and I got All grade 8 hardware with some big washers/red loctite/proper torque specs. And I’ve had I‎t pretty fast around corners, had it in a few trails and have had zero issues at all. A 2” lift would be the absolute MAX as far as lines/wires/steering/fuel neck/bumpers go IMO... even the 1.5” kind of pushes everything a bit but I checked and I have slack everywhere and everything is proper. Fan shroud is only thing that needs adjustment.

3" blocks as in blocks on a real leaf spring axl to lift ?
Sorry for all the questions man..
I'm definitely doing this.
Heck I still got my WAM Front Bumper sitting on a pallet at the house.. just been to darn busy at work to get it started..

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3" blocks as in blocks on a real leaf spring axl to lift ?
Sorry for all the questions man..
I'm definitely doing this.
Heck I still got my WAM Front Bumper sitting on a pallet at the house.. just been to darn busy at work to get it started..

Haha nice I’m ordering my WAM bumper at the end of the month but no they are specifically body lift blocks, just google 3” x 3” body lift blocks and those are the ones, you’ll need 8 of them and then 2 of the 2” x 3” high blocks

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha nice I’m ordering my WAM bumper at the end of the month but no they are specifically body lift blocks, just google 3” x 3” body lift blocks and those are the ones, you’ll need 8 of them and then 2 of the 2” x 3” high blocks

Ok Kool I'll Google that at lunch.
Thanks brother..
1459073f0b7686d7a354eea0376dcab1.jpg
868b2047cc531b958be2b90715fbab66.jpg

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score

This it ?
$4.00 each 2" tall 3" wide and I need 8 of them
7557329ad535feeef4215a0d8fc0dd92.jpg

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This it ?
$4.00 each 2" tall 3" wide and I need 8 of them
7557329ad535feeef4215a0d8fc0dd92.jpg

Yeah so if you’re gonna go with a 2” body lift then you need (8) 2” tall 3” wide blocks and (2) 2” tall 2” wide blocks. And that looks like them to me

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah so if you’re gonna go with a 2” body lift then you need (8) 2” tall 3” wide blocks and (2) 2” tall 2” wide blocks. And that looks like them to me

Heck yeah sounds good thanks man gonna get them ordered

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah sounds good thanks man gonna get them ordered

Sweet bro let me know if you need any pointers you can pm me and I’ll give you my number I could walk you through any of I‎t

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet bro let me know if you need any pointers you can pm me and I’ll give you my number I could walk you through any of I‎t

Thanks I will if needed but can't be no more harder than the 3" leveling kit..hahah
I'm currently trying to find extended brake lines jus n case but tried a couple places and nothing for Expedition so maybe I need for a f150..
I'm probably gonna have to take mine and compare them to find what will work..