14 expedition low/rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like everyone has said. Do it yourself. That way you can get more acquainted with your vehicle.

Plati

Reaction score
Like everyone has said. Do it yourself. That way you can get more acquainted with your vehicle.
Yeah ... and save ca$H ... and might find other problems ... and get exercise ... and determine if you were being scammed ... and feel satisfaction ... and know its done right ... and POST PICTURES AND A REPORT ON THE FORUM

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Bad plugs will have hard starts and poor performance, but the have to be basically shot. I would try spraying the throttle body. They get build up with gunk and starve the engine for air at idle.

Papaboo

Reaction score
I have a 14 Expedition with 65000 miles bought used about 2 years ago. For the last 2 weeks I noticed that while in drive or reverse the idle seems a little low and rough. Took it to dealer and they suggested changing the plugs and tune up for 700 dollars. So before I have them do anything, what else should I look out for that might be something else causing the problem? Thanks.

I have a 2014 Limited and changed to plugs around 70,000 using the Iridium plugs, changed all the filters, no problems. Check each plug to see how it looks upon removal. It will tell you how each cylinder is firing. We added a Flowmaster Delta Force cold air induction, model # 389-615125. Don't forget to change coolant it's due.