'17 Limited, scratches on driver's window from factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody else have this problem?

Got a new '17 (42 miles) from the dealer 2/18. It had vertical scratches on the driver's window. Dealer said Ford won't fix it. (!)

When I brought it in for some other minor stuff, the Ford rep happened to be in the service manager's office and the manager talked him into getting the window replaced. Great! However, the service manager said if it happens again Ford won't cover it. The manager then instructed the tech to go out and find a replacement window from the lot. It was scratched. The manager then sent to Ford for a replacement. It arrived scratched.

I finally got the vehicle back with a window that wasn't scratched. Until the scratch slowly showed up two weeks later.

The service manager has actually been very helpful for other issues so I don't really want to hassle him, but, damn, this just doesn't seem right. I can't be the only owner with this issue. Anybody have any first hand information about this issue? Next step?

Peter

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could you take pictures of the scratch you are talking about? I'd be interested in seeing if this is the case on our '16.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The weather seals got a propensity for getting crap stuck in em that tears up the glass, or tint if you have it, when the window is operated

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My vehicle is clean and I don't plan to wash my window every day to avoid a scratch. There is no reason for new windows of vehicles on the lot to have scratched windows.

What's difficult to understand is why did the new window sent from Ford already have a scratch in it. And now my current window had a scratch develop AFTER it was installed. So is it caused by the window mechanism hardware or a problem from the factory?

In any event, shouldn't Ford honor the warranty on it?

This pic was taken 2 weeks after they installed the new one.Expedition scratched window 7:18.jpg

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My vehicle is clean and I don't plan to wash my window every day to avoid a scratch. There is no reason for new windows of vehicles on the lot to have scratched windows.

What's difficult to understand is why did the new window sent from Ford already have a scratch in it. And now my current window had a scratch develop AFTER it was installed. So is it caused by the window mechanism hardware or a problem from the factory?

In any event, shouldn't Ford honor the warranty on it?

This pic was taken 2 weeks after they installed the new one.View attachment 26614

Wow! Is that on the inside or not?

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whoa, hold it!

I just went outside to check it. However, when I used my fingernail to determine if it was on the inside (it was), my fingernail removed the "scratch". I rubbed it a little more and it seems like I removed the mark. I didn't do a thorough job of researching the issue because it is raining out, but it appears as though my problem isn't a problem after all!

If I determine that it is actually scratched when it stops raining, I will write back to confirm. As of now, fingers crossed, no problemo!