Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate03

Reaction score
Just noticed I am getting vertical scratches on my windows. It appears it is on all of them some lesser than others. It seems like it’s something in the felt or something. Never had this issue on any other car. Anyone else have the iss and know what to do?

OP
OP
N

Nate03

Reaction score
Just noticed I am getting vertical scratches on my windows. It appears it is on all of them some lesser than others. It seems like it’s something in the felt or something. Never had this issue on any other car. Anyone else have the iss and know what to do?

So I found other threads with people with the same issue for years on almost every Ford vehicle. I am actually really freaking pissed. This is my first Ford and what blows my mind is it seems known issues are the same year after year and Ford just doesn’t address them. I have NEVER had this issue on any Other brand I have owned in the past. This is a freaking 2017!!

I tried looking in the rubber grommet on their crappy design and do see dirt particles. What a joke. Guess I can’t use the windows and will have to consistently clean that channel out if God forbid I go to a drive through. Ugggh. This may sound dumb but I wonder if some sort of lubricant like WD40 sprayed down there would help.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is an 07 I’ve never had problems with windows scratching and they still look brand new after the years. Whatever it is will probably come off it’s got to be really hard to scratch glass.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Inside or outside?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 08 windows are all scratched up, on the outside. Vertical scratches. Guess crap gets stuck in there...

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Believe it or not, pollen is incredibly abrasive (take a look at it under a microscope). It's that time of year for it to get everywhere. I know it can cake on the edge of the rubber "wipe" strips. Perhaps it might start scratching if it builds up enough?

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here in the desert WD stands for Wet Dirt because dust sticks to it. Try a silicone lubricant.
So I found other threads with people with the same issue for years on almost every Ford vehicle. I am actually really freaking pissed. This is my first Ford and what blows my mind is it seems known issues are the same year after year and Ford just doesn’t address them. I have NEVER had this issue on any Other brand I have owned in the past. This is a freaking 2017!!

I tried looking in the rubber grommet on their crappy design and do see dirt particles. What a joke. Guess I can’t use the windows and will have to consistently clean that channel out if God forbid I go to a drive through. Ugggh. This may sound dumb but I wonder if some sort of lubricant like WD40 sprayed down there would help.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65