2000 Expy w/ Mach Stereo Wiring Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently got a cd player form my friend and went to best buy and bought a dash kit and wiring harness. Well I got home and pulled the stock cd player out and realized it has 3 plugs. the harness they sold me only has one plug, well i figured they werent needed and plugged everything up and my back 2 speakers work great but my front left barely makes noise and the right doesnt at all. I have the mach stereo system, so does anyone know what the other 2 plugs are for and would that be my problem of why the front 2 arent working right?

RidnClean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you should have a stock sub and amp, which those other 2 wires are for.
so i'd go return it and get the correct harness.

if you want to take the time, you can hard wire the speakers.

Reaction score
you need the other 2 plugs...one controls the sub and amp and the other one controls the sound for the drop down tv, if you have it. I had to get the wiring harness's online....not alot of sound shops have those wiring for the MACH sound system.

BOBHIZZLE

Reaction score
I personally eneded up at best buy 3 damn times over this problem and told them each time it was the mach system. The final time I just went in with the factory deck to compare. It worked and I got my harness.

P.S. When you get the harness it has 1 set of rca plugs to plug into your sub output on your deck. If you plan on using your factory mach amps and door speakers you should go pick up some rca plugs and solder them to the speaker wires so that you will have everything going out from the deck pre amped and the amps doing all the work... My mach system sounded noticably better with the alpine head unit.

I have since upgraded though. If you are having too many problems finding a harness let me know and I could always sell you mine