2001 Expedition 5.4 Head Gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BROKENPILOT

Reaction score
Why do you need to replace the head gaskets? Did you have some severe overheating problems? Did you replace the coolant ever year as recommended?

OP
OP
F

FordExpFan

Reaction score
The coolant reservoir tank (now water not antifreeze) disappears to empty I keep having to fill it - no Leaks I can find - Oil clean no grey water mixture - The exhaust pipe has white smoke coming out - the large radiator hoses seem to be over pressurized. Still runs well – not much power.

OP
OP
F

FordExpFan

Reaction score
Excellent feedback from everyone in the Expy Forum – Thank you!

I have decided to go with the 5.4L 2 Valve engine swap. I am hoping to find a good used engine hopefully with 150K – 200K somewhere change it out -return the core etc. Any tips or suggestions on this procedure?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences!

Jeff

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Excellent feedback from everyone in the Expy Forum – Thank you!

I have decided to go with the 5.4L 2 Valve engine swap. I am hoping to find a good used engine hopefully with 150K – 200K somewhere change it out -return the core etc. Any tips or suggestions on this procedure?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences!

Jeff

I wouldn't go to all that effort and re-install another high mileage time bomb motor. Get a warranteed rebuilt motor from Powertrain Products and have some confidence in what you're installing.

Remanufactured Ford 5.4 2V Motors from Powertrain Products

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Auto auction rebuilds, on Youtube did video about Blue devil headgasket repair. It fixed the car he put it in. I would try that first