2001 Expedition Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmikey2102

Reaction score
Have to throw my 2 cents in here, I drove Ford Aerostars for years and found out the hard way that, believe it or not, certain aftermarket floor mats would extend too far up under the accelerator and brake pedals and somehow affect the functioning of the cruise control. I don’t know how or why, just that they would. Try taking your driver’s side mat out and take it for a spin and see what happens, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

JerryT

Reaction score
Did you fix your cruise control, what was it? I have the exact same problem on my 1998 Exp and was following your thread looking for a fix.

JerryT

Reaction score
I followed your thread and had the exact same problem with my cruise control. However I just fixed it. I replaced the clock spring which had 3 broken wires are the hard wired connector under the dash. I’m now fully operational.

JerryT

Reaction score
I had 3 broken wires on the clockspring connector. I replaced the clockspring (connectors are hard wired to it) and now have a fully working cruise control. It sounds like you may have a broken wire between your clockspring and servo amplifier. Hope you were able to fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 8