2001 Ford Expedition EB replacements done...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
Just got my Expy back yesterday and had some replacements and repairs done.

She needed some new brakes and a nice brake fluid flush so I went with:
  • Power Stop® - 1-Click Z23 Evolution Sport Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit

It was time to replace and upgrade the radiator with all new hoses and a nice flush. Since I live in SWFL, I wanted to ensure that the radiator doesn't blow or go bad, since it was the original. So I went with:
  • Mishimoto® - OEM Replacement Engine Coolant Radiator
After a hassle of research and investigation, my rear-side window vent motor finally seized up died, so I had to replace them both. Luckily my local Ford Dealership was able to locate two of the last four in Florida...and were like $40/each.
  • Regulator And Motor Assy - Window Part #: WLR93 (7830479)
An interesting side investigation for my mechanic was my OD (overdrive) button switch and Automatic driving lights were blowing fuses left and right, everytime I replace the fuse. So I had him investigate what was going on...no codes were being thrown so he dug into the steering column and gear shift.
  • He discovered that one of the three wires were frayed due to the years of shifting, apparently the wires stretch and contract over time and rub against the shifting column and frayed exposing the wires throwing feedback surge into the fuse, causing it to pop. So he fixed it, taped it up giving it little slack, re-replaced the fuse and now there is no issues. PROBLEM SOLVED! ;-)
Only ran into one issue, I went ahead and was going to have the mechanic install and realign my new headlight beams with new
Dual Beam, Hi & Low Beams - 9007 - Full LED Headlights Kit, but when I replaced my headlight assemblies with new Lightning Style headlights, the newer bulbs I put in a year ago did not require the bulb retainers, in fact I have never seen those on my Expy before on the OEM's....So the new LED bulbs could not be installed because I did not have the bulb retainers to assist in securing them in the assembly.
So I had to order a couple new ones from FORD Parts.com

• Retainer - Bulbs Part #: 13N01

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
gorilla tape goes on everything